Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Not Quite Right?

Have you ever felt that something is not quite right in your life but you can't put your finger on it? I have been feeling just like that for a while now and could not figure out just what was wrong with me or whatever it was, I wanted to know. I was thinking about this lately and all of a sudden I thought, 'well, God knows what it is, so why not ask Him?' That is a dangerous thing to do if you don't really want to know but for me, I had to know and I found out, it is a little to personal to relate on the web but anyway, I asked God what was standing in the way of answering my prayers and He very willingly pointed something out that I had not thought of. A simple thing to take care of but a hideous thing to have done to an innocent person who has a tender heart. So that taken care of what is next? Well, the next thing to do is ask God again if there is anything else in my life keeping my prayers from being answered. And then repent of what He has already shown me. That's where I am right now. So where do I go from here, I just keep it up until I have full joy in my heart of a clean conscience and a right spirit. Does that seem like an unlikely thing to do? It is absolutely necessary for us to do to stand before a Holy God in the judgment day.

 I am determined to have a clean heart and a right spirit and God is helping me tremendously. David's prayer in Psalms 51 is an example of what we should be praying every day if we want to have a relationship that is pure with God. Remember in the story of David he took another man's wife and then had the other man killed in battle so as to hide his sin, and when the prophet of God pointed out his sin he repented which is what we need to do and Psalms 51 is his prayer of repentance.

 The part I like to repeat for my condition is verses 10,11,12 "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me, Do not cast me away from Your presence, and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and uphold me by Your generous Spirit." I need the joy of knowing I am clean before God. Isn't that a beautiful prayer? It is to me, and I pray it quite often and God does hear and answer, He wants us to repent and be converted every day so that we may 'walk with Him in white for they are worthy' Revelation 3:4. Jesus is the worthy One, for He is the One who has made it possible for us to overcome through all His love, all His suffering, all His humiliation that we might not perish but have everlasting life. It is so easy to center everything on ourselves, our time, our work, our relationships, everything is for us, that is what the world teaches and that's where we get it, but if we center our life on Christ everything is for Him and not for ourselves.

 The person thus touched will hate its selfishness, abhor its self-love, and will seek, through Christ's righteousness, for the purity of heart that is in harmony with the law of God and the character of Christ. Is that your desire? It is mine totally. Shall we repent today and follow Christ more closely? Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment