Thursday, August 22, 2013

Love Him More

I want so much to pass His love along to you, whoever you are.  I can't think of a better way than to share His love with you via my blog and worships every morning.  I am learning every morning as I have my worships that I love Him more and more, it has seemed like a long journey but actually it hasn't been that long since I realized that was what was missing in my life. Love for God and Jesus whom He has sent to save us is absolutely essential for our salvation and of course the Holy Spirit is involved in a very big way, He is part of the Godhead.

We can't love someone whom we do not know in a personal way.  Isn't that true?  When you are looking for a companion for life, you get acquainted with someone and then little by little you get to know them and you learn to love them and that's the way it is with Jesus, we need to learn to know Him and we can't know Him if we don't spend time with Him.  Even if you are a new believer, just a few minutes in prayer and reading the Bible will lead to a close relationship with Jesus and you will want to spend more and more time with Him as you get to know Him.

Ephesians 3:14-19  "For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith, that you, being rooted and grounded in LOVE, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height--to KNOW THE LOVE OF CHRIST which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God."

I want to be filled with His fullness, don't you?  So that I may know the love of Christ, the width, depth, length and height of His love for me.  In order for this to happen, we need to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in our inner self that Christ may dwell in our hearts through faith.  I have been experiencing this as I study each morning and share what I am learning with you.

It is so important to know Him and we can't know Him if we don't spend time with Him.  His promises are sure and yes it takes time to get to know someone, so be patient with yourself and spend some time each morning with Him because I want you to get to know Him too.  My life is so much better because I know He will take care of me, I know He loves me and wants what is best for me and will fill all my needs according to His riches in glory.  Life has become more pleasant and trusting in Him has brought 'a peace that passes all understanding'.  Philippians 4:7.

Won't you take time to be with Him each morning when you get up and talk to Him as you would talk to a friend, tell Him your troubles, your fears, your heartaches and also tell Him your joys and sorrows and just have sweet communion with your best Friend.  Your life will become so bonded with Him that you will wonder how you ever lived without Him, I can vouch for that, it is a wonderful experience.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment