Sunday, August 11, 2013

What and Who we can Trust

Yesterday we learned what not to trust and some of it we already knew but still it was helpful but today we are going to learn what and who we can trust. This is so important, I hope you will stick with me because some people do not know that the Word of God is trustworthy, they think it is a fairy tail or that it has been changed so that you don't know what is true or not. So let's see what the Bible says about itself and God.

 2 Timothy 3:16 "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God." 2 Peter 1:21 "Prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit"
 John 10:35 "The Scripture cannot be broken." It Claims to be inspired. It was written by men who were guided by the Holy Spirit. It cannot be broken or proved untrue.

 How about God, can we trust in Him?
 Psalms 37:3 "Trust in the Lord and do good, Dwell in the land and feed on His faithfulness." Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding."
 Psalms 32:10 "Many sorrows shall be to the wicked, But he who trusts in the Lord, mercy shall surround him."
 Romans 1:20,21 "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened." I know for a fact that those of us who have had our prayers answered have no doubts that God exists. I don't, I have been healed instantly one time when I helped lift a heavy cast iron stove and ruptured a vertebrae and was flat on my back for eleven days and I read a verse in Psalms and submitted to God's will in whether I would be able to walk again or not it was OK with me. And instantly the pain left and I stood up and I was so shocked that God would work so quickly in my behalf, I fell back on the couch where I had been living for eleven days and my husband walked in about that time and I said, 'see I can stand up, I have no pain' and I asked him to look at my swollen back and it was all gone, just a little dark spot where it had been as a reminder of what God had done for me.
 No one can tell me God doesn't exist, that is just one answer to my prayers, there have been many. How about you? Is your faith in God stable, I know we go through trials galore, I am going through a severe one right now and I am up and down with my faith, but I know He cares and will come through, how I don't know. It's not for me to tell God what to do, I can only make a request and Pray that it is His will. If He has promised in His word, then we can claim His promise and ask Him to come through with it, but still it is in His timing, not ours.

 Has this helped you in some small way? It has me, it has strengthened my faith by just remembering what He has done for me. I believe we can trust God with all our heart and trust His Word with all our heart too. It is good to remember how God has led us in the past, it gives us faith to push on to His eternal kingdom. Thankyou for joining me this morning for worship, I pray that it has been a blessing to you. Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment