Saturday, November 2, 2013

All That You Ask Or Think

Can you imagine receiving all that you can ask or think?  It is almost inconceivable, isn't it?  Some of the promises in the Bible are over whelming, because we live in such a sinful world, which is getting worse each day, seems like crime is soaring out of control and immorality is doing the same and so we really can't conceive of what God can do for us and also what He really wants to do for us.  I am getting a taste of it but it is just a taste of what He really wants to do in my life, even though I am in the elderly bracket.  I don't feel like my work for Him is over and when it is I will thank Him for using me to help others.

There is a verse in Ephesians 3:20 that says;  "Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us."  Notice it just doesn't say 'all that you can ask or think' but 'exceedingly abundantly above, all that we ask or think.  That sounds like a lot more than we can even imagine, and I believe it is far above what we can imagine.  We live a life that is far below what God wants us to live or what He has planned for us to live.

There is a secret included in that verse if you didn't notice it.  According to the power that works in us.
That is the secret.  What kind of power do you think that is talking about?  I believe there is only one power that the Bible talks about being in us and that is the power of the Holy Spirit.  If God's Holy Spirit is living in us He will be able to fulfill that promise in our lives.

So what do you think is wrong, that we are not receiving the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives and not able to claim that wonderful promise?  The answer to this question is in the following verses.

Isaiah 59:1,2  "Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened that it cannot save; nor His ear heavy, that it cannot hear.  But your iniquities have separated you from your God; And your sins have hidden His face from you, so that He will not hear."

Psalms 66:18 "If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me."

So if we are asking to be filled with the Holy Spirit, which God's wants to give in abundance and we are hanging on to any sin, secret or open, He cannot fill us.

The remedy lies with our choice, when we are impressed to give something up, the Holy Spirit is trying to prepare us for His infilling, so the choice is ours whether we will be filled or not, isn't that right?  So let us ask God to remove the sin in our life and as we are confronted with them, let's let go of them and let the Holy Spirit fill us like the promise says will happen.  I am doing that each day as I have been shown anything that is sinful and hurts God and Jesus, I want to give it up, don't you?  Let's listen to Him speaking to us and prepare for the outpouring of His Spirit in our lives, on a daily basis.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment