Friday, November 1, 2013

Receive With Joy

 Once in a while you will see a verse repeated, or even a subject repeated in a different way.  I am not doing it intentionally, I believe God is trying to press something home to me that I need more than other subjects. So  bear with me as I try to learn the lessons He is trying to teach me and maybe you will learn something extra too.  We must be patient in our learning experience.  Sometimes God does things in a miraculous way and other times He takes a little longer to do the same thing in someone else.  I may be the one that takes a little longer to learn.  However He has done some miraculous things for me, I think I have told you a few of them already in previous posts.

Today, I was impressed to study the receiving end of God's giving, I can't tell you the reason but maybe we will find it out before the end of the study.  I hope so.

James 1:21  "Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls."  Here we are to receive His implanted Word.

Acts 2:38  "Then Peter said to them, Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Colossians 2:6  "As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him."

1 John 3:22  "And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight."

Mark 10:29,30  "So Jesus answered and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or father, or mother or children or lands, for My sake and the gospels. who shall not receive a hundred fold now in this time--houses, and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions--and in the age to come, eternal life."

I noticed something in these verses that I hadn't noticed before, did you notice it?  There is a condition to everything we receive from God.

In James 1:21 we must lay aside any wicked thing and then receive His word with meekness.

In Acts 2:38 we must repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ and then we will receive the Holy Spirit.

In Colossians 2:6  we must receive Christ before we can walk with Him.

In 1 John 3:22  we will receive answers to our requests when we keep His commandments and do what pleases Him.

In Mark 10:29,30  if we have to leave everything that we love to serve the Lord Jesus, we will receive a hundred fold now and in the future, eternal life.

I have noticed in other places in the Bible where there is a promise from God, there is always a condition, to me the conditions are not hard but we must abide by His word and sometimes we ask for something without fulfilling the conditions and that is the reason no answer comes and sometimes God in His mercy sees all things and sees that we will fulfill the conditions after he does answer, I don't think it is usual for Him to do that but it is a possibility.  I believe that He wants us to be responsible enough when we pray for something to do what we can to fulfill the answer as much as we can.  Otherwise, God would be just Santa Claus to us and that is not what He wants to be.  He wants to be our All in All and so we are tested to see if He is our All in All.

Is He your All in All?  I want Him to be mine.  I believe this was the lesson for me today, how about you?  It seems there is always a good lesson for me and I hope for you.  Please let Him be your All in All. And receive Him with Joy. Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment