Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Pure And Holy

Do you find that the Bible is hard to understand and there are some things that seem hard to deal with?  Yes, you are not alone, there are lots of people in this world who do not understand the Scriptures and even some people add to the Word their own meaning, I have a friend who does this and it makes more sense if you let God explain things to you, but you have to have the Holy Spirit's guidance to do that.  We cannot understand the Word of God without His help.

Psalms 119:125  "I am Your servant; Give me understanding, that I may know Your testimonies."
Psalms 119:130  "The entrance of Your words gives light:  It gives understanding to the simple."

Luke 24:45  "And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures."

You can see that God gives us understanding of the Scriptures, that we might know what is right and wrong.
His Word gives us light and even if we are a simple person, He gives us understanding.  I truly am a simple person, I long to live a simple life and just believe God's Word and trust in Him.  He is opening our under-standing that we can comprehend the Scriptures.

The thought that came to me this morning was two verses in Proverbs that I think have a world of meaning.

Proverbs 30:5,6  "Every Word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him.  Do not add to His words, lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar.

We should take His Word just as it reads, and not add to it or subtract from it.  His Word is pure and He is a shield to those who trust in Him.  Is He your shield?  Do you trust in Him?  Do you believe every wind of doctrine without checking it out to see if God's word verifies it?  We don't want to be rebuked by God, it would not be a good thing, so check things out before you believe it, check me out, I don't mind at all and if I am wrong, I will make it right, right here on my blog.  If I can't prove what I believe from the Bible, then it is not truth.

Have faith and trust in God and He will lead you into all truth and bless you each day as you learn from his Word.   His Word is Pure and Holy.   Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment