Monday, November 4, 2013

He Shall Uphold You

We were born in sin and our nature has a natural tendency to sin until we are born again by faith into Christ.
Even then we have a tendency towards sin because of a life time of practicing sin, however long that is. There is an upward growth into our new life of faith and as we are growing, we may fall into an old practice
And then we feel so bad because we have failed the One who has saved us from the old ways of life.  There is a promise and more than one but I love this one very much.  It gives me hope when I fall and it will give you hope when you fall.

Psalms 37:23,24  "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way.  Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the Lord upholds him with His hand."  Isn't that a wonderful promise?  Your steps or ways are ordered by the Lord and He delights in your way.  And when you fall, He upholds you with His hand.

It doesn't say we will never fall when we start on our Christian journey, it says when we do fall.  Now, that doesn't give us license to sin or fall, but we live in a sinful world and sometimes we do things without thinking and when we do, His mighty hand holds us up.  I don't know how many times He has picked me up when I have fallen, over and over again and set me on the right path again.  He is so patient with me and I know because of His patience with me, that He loves me a lot more than I know or can imagine.

How about you?  Don't give up when you fall into an old habit or thought, have hope in that Mighty Hand that will pick you up and set you on the right path again and again because His love for you is enduring.

Galatians 2:20  "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."

Pray for the faith to believe this promise and realize the love that is extended to you at all times to lift you up and save you from your carnal nature because Christ lives in us now and we live by faith in God's Son Jesus.
What a precious Savior we have!!!!    Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment