Saturday, November 16, 2013

Good News, NO, Great News.

Do you like 'good news'?  I love it, anything that brings joy to my heart is 'good news'.  Right now, I am waiting for some good news, hope it doesn't take forever.  But I have been waiting all summer, guess another month or so doesn't really matter as long as the news is good.  There are so many things that would bring good news to my life, and I keep waiting.  Is that the way things are for you?  I see some little things that make my heart rejoice but the big things are a way off, it seems.

I found some 'great news' just now in 1 Thessalonians 5, verses 15-24, it sounds like a long drawn out text, but actually it is quite short and the punch line is the 'great news'.

"See that no one renders evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue what is good both for yourselves and for all.  Rejoice always; Pray without ceasing; In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you; Do not quench the Spirit; Do not despise prophecies; Test all things; hold fast what is good; Abstain from every form of evil;  Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body, be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.  HE WHO CALLS YOU IS FAITHFUL, WHO ALSO WILL DO IT."

Do we have to worry about all those things that we need to do?  NO.  It says that the God of peace Himself will sanctify us completely and our whole spirit, soul, and body will be preserved blameless at our Lord's coming.  Then the icing on the cake is that 'He Who calls us is Faithful, Who also will do it.

Are you willing to let Him do what He needs to do to sanctify you and preserve you until His coming, He is willing to do it for you if you will let Him.  How much easier can it get?  I once heard a minister say,'it is easier to be saved then to be lost'.  It took me a long time to figure that one out, but when I read these verses in 1 Thessalonians, I can see that if we let Him have control in our lives like it says here, then the quote of the minister is true.

In Philippians 1:6 is another of my favorite verses, "Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;"  Who will complete it?  God will complete it.  Let's get serious about letting Him work out our salvation in us.

In Philippians 2:13  "For it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure."  There are just too many verses that prove that the work is not ours to do, but God's.  We have only to choose to let Him do the work, He is more than willing to come in and complete the work He has already started in us.

Are you more than willing to let Him?  I am, it takes all the stress out of life and trying on our own to live a good life is hard and really impossible which we find out when we go that route.  I invite you to let Him come in and do the work for you, and see for yourself what He will do for you.  If you experience God's grace in your life, you will never want the old life again, I assure you it is the only way to live.  May I be blessed with your decision to allow Him in?  Please!!!!!!!!  Let Him in, you will never be sorry.!!!!Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment