Monday, November 25, 2013

Our Own Personal Devotions

Do you have your own personal devotions in the morning?  It is so very important to have a good day, to spend time with God first thing in the morning.  I am so much happier when I do and I get more done during the day and the day just seems to go lots better.  I would encourage you to please take time with God in the morning, if you can't do it first thing for some reason, find a quiet time that you can.  Don't let the day slip by without taking the time.  It is most vital for our Christian walk.

Psalms 5:3  "My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord; In the morning I will direct it to You, and I will look up."

Psalms 119:147  "I rise before the dawning of the morning, and cry for help; I hope in Your word."

Psalms 55:17  "Evening and morning and at noon I will pray, and cry aloud, and He shall hear my voice."
This is what Daniel did when He was in the King's court in Babylon.  It is a sure way to keep close to God.
If you sit down to rest for a few minutes, take time to talk to God, He loves to hear and answer our petitions for help and make our life more complete in Him.  When you sit down to a meal, talk to God and thank Him for your meal and care so far through the day.  When you go our on the highways, ask Him for His protection and guidance and safety until your home again.  There are so many times when we can offer up a prayer to God during the day.  Try it, it will help you during the day.

Acts 13:11  "These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so."  We not only need to keep in communion with God but we need to let Him speak to us through His word.  When we read His word it is as though He were speaking to us personally.  This is true worship and communion with God.

Romans 15:4  "For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope."

The Scriptures were written for our learning that we might have patience and comfort and have hope in our destiny of Eternal life.

Before we open His word to read and study, offer up a prayer for understanding in what you are about to read and even if it is just a verse or two, read it until God gives you understanding of it and then go on to the next one.  Just make sure that you are not surface reading just to say you did it. That would not please God or help you in your daily walk.  Be serious about your devotion time and make sure that you benefit from it.

These studies are helping me by giving me more faith and hope and causing me to put God first in my life.  I hope they are doing the same for you.  You must have a serious relationship with God, it is so important, and I hope that is what is happening to you in your life.  May God continue to bless you as you continue on in your walk with Him.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment