Sunday, November 3, 2013

My Desires

My greatest desire is to see my children, and their families saved, my next desire is to be like Jesus, and next is to share Him with others, and next is to be free from debt on my home.  I need to sell it.  I believe that all my desires will be fulfilled, maybe not all at once but in time, when it is time.

Do you have some great desires that need fulfilled?  I am sure that you do, how would you like to have them filled?  There is a way, as long as they are God approved desires.  Sometimes we have sinful desires, and sometimes we have desires for riches, I know Christians that are rich and they know how to handle their riches to the glory of God and of course God knows all this before He blesses us with our desires, How we will handle our desires if we are granted with them.  How would we handle wisdom, if granted, or riches, or a mate, or children, or whatever our desires might be, how would we handle them?

Psalms 37:3,4  "Trust in the Lord, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.  Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart."

We are told to 'trust in the Lord and do good, feed on His faithfulness and delight ourselves also in the Lord'.
Can we do that?  Is this something that we are capable of doing?  I think so.  Trust Him in everything, and go about doing good, and feed on His faithfulness to us and our families, and delight ourselves in Him and what He has done and is doing for us.  Does that sound hard to do, not really, if you really love Him and want to serve Him.

He will give us the desires of our heart.  As long as our desires are centered in good things and wanting to serve Him with all our hearts, I am pretty sure that He will grant us our desires as long as they are not self-centered and selfish.  How about it?  What do you think?

Why not center our lives in Him and see how the blessings will be poured out on us and those we love.  We all need His blessings, don't we?  So let's co-operate with Him and be blessed.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment