Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Are You Waiting Patiently?

Am I waiting patiently?  It's hard isn't it? Specially when we have a deep longing for something to happen and it doesn't happen.  It's really hard for me to wait patiently, but God is teaching me that I need to be patient and trust in Him for the longings in my heart.  I have been in a pit of despair and I know what it feels like to wait and wait and nothing happens.  I am not there now, praise God for lifting me out of it, but I still know what it is like and this lesson this morning is for me and I hope that you are lifted up too.  We need all the help we can get.

Psalms 40:1,2  "I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry.  He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps.

As I said, I was in a pit of despair when my husband died, I have never felt so low.  I kept waiting for God to step in and help and He did, it was a slow process, because I am a slow learner, but He did what He promised.  He lifted me out of my pit and set my feet on a solid place in Him and has taken care of my steps
Have you been there?  Do you need lifted up?  Wait patiently and trust in Him and then He has another promise for you.

Psalms 40:3  "He has put a new song in my mouth--Praise to our God;  many will see it and fear, and will trust in the Lord."  (the word 'fear' here means reverence)

He has put a new song of trust in my heart and many are reading about it here in my worship sessions.  He will do the same for you.  I am nothing special above anyone else.  We are all special to God and He wants to do for all of us what He has promised.  Are you willing to let Him put a new song in your heart so that many will realize what He has done for you and you can tell about the pit you were in and how He lifted you up out of it and set your feet on a rock.  The Rock is Jesus, the Bible tells us that.  So trust Him with a new song.

Psalms 40:4  "Blessed is that man who makes the Lord his trust, and does not respect the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies."

I have blessed beyond anything that I had planned for my self.  You will be blessed too.  It is not for us to respect the proud, nor those that lie.  Tell your experience and let them see what God will do for them. I still have some great hope that I am still waiting patiently for, but because He has lifted me up from the pit I was in I know that He will bring about the hope I have.  When it happens I will be telling all of you about it.  I will close this worship session with verse 5, I can't say it any better.

Verse 5 of Psalms 40  "Many, O Lord my God, are Your wonderful works which You have done;  And Your thoughts toward us cannot be recounted to You in order;  If I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered."  So very true, and I just praise Him for what He is doing in my life.  How about you, can you join me in praising Him?  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment