Friday, November 15, 2013

Citizenship

Are you a citizen of the country you live in?  Most of us are, I assume.  I am sure that some of you might not be but I can assure you that you are a citizen somewhere and we can all be citizens of one country called Heaven, a magnificent place indeed.

1 Corinthians 2:9  "But as it is written: 'Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him."  Can I describe it, no, I can't describe anything that I have not seen.  As much as I love the beauty of nature, the flowers, the fall colors, the shimmering green of a lawn freshly mowed, the blue of the sky, the beautiful rainbows, trees leafing out in the springtime, the early spring flowers, I love it all, but there is no way I can describe something I have never seen or heard.

Philippians 3:20,21  "For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself."

Did you get that?  Our citizenship is in heaven already, which we are eagerly waiting for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ who when He comes will transform our lowly body and conform it to His glorious body.  Can you imagine such a beautiful change from mortal to immortality, living with Him forever and being a citizen of the heavenly kingdom.

Verse 14 says, "I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."  This is Paul talking and we need to press toward the same goal that he is pressing towards.  Our heavenly home.  Just because our citizenship is already in heaven, doesn't mean we can get slack in our walk with God, we can always change our goal, that is the free choice that God has given us, we can decide in our hearts that it is not worth the effort to walk with God in truth and love.  I hope that is not your decision, it surely isn't mine.  I want to walk with God here all the time, so I can walk with Him right into His heavenly Home.  Remember, eye has not seen nor ear heard what He has prepared for those who love Him.  I want to see Jesus best of all, my greatest desire when I see Jesus is to see Him when He and Adam meet for the first time since sin entered this dark world.  I am sure there will be lots of tears on Adams part and even on Jesus part because it has been so long since their separation.  I am sure I will cry tears of joy too.  How about you?

We can't miss out on all of this wonderful world that is being prepared for us, for those who love Him with all their heart, enough to walk with Him here, so we can walk with Him there.  I love Him, do you?  I really want to love Him more, so very much more that I won't want to sin anymore and hurt Him again.  How about you?  Grandma Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment