Thursday, November 7, 2013

My Thoughts, Lord

Do your thoughts run rampant sometimes?  You can't seem to get rid of them, no matter how hard you try.
I've just described myself, and God knows I need help in this matter, I can't do it, no matter how hard I try.
Is there a solution to this problem?  If I take it to God, yes there is.

I prayed, 'Lord, I need help with my thoughts, please lead me in this study to get the help I need.'  When it gets dark outside and I go to bed at night, I keep seeing my husband in his degenerate state, I see him losing his balance and falling down the steps backwards, I see him sitting in a wheel chair in the nursing home staring into space with no mind.  Then I start to cry and cry out to God for help.  I can't seem to see him in his natural state, when we had fun together, worked together and traveled together.  After we retired we did everything together.  This is very painful to me and Satan knows it and knows it is a weak point for me and does all he can to discourage me.  Have you been there?  Are you there right now?

Sometimes our thoughts run riot, in impure channels, sometimes they are full of anger, envy and hurtful.  They are only hurting us unless we put them into action, so it is best for us to get rid of them pronto.  How do we do that?  Proverbs 16:3  tells us how.

Proverbs 16:3  "Commit your works to the Lord, and your thoughts will be established."

Psalms 37:5  "Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass."

We are to commit our works and ways to the Lord and He will establish our thoughts.  We also need to trust in Him to bring it to pass.  I can't tell you how much I needed this, my thoughts always turn to sorrow over the death of my husband but He has promised 'if we trust in Him, He will bring it to pass.  He will establish our thoughts.  That is a wonderful promise for me right now, how about you?  You don't have to be plagued with sorrowful thoughts, it could be any kind that would be sinful.  I mentioned a few kinds in a previous paragraph and of course there are other thoughts that plague the human race, but we have a promise that He will take care of them if we commit our works and ways to Him and trust Him with them.

Last night as I was plagued with sorrowful thoughts, I thought of that verse in James 4, 'resist the devil and he will flee', and I was trying to resist him, and then I turned to the Lord and asked him to drive him from me, and my thoughts changed and I fell asleep.  I don't know what I would do without Him.  I couldn't function at all in a proper Christian way.  We all need to commit our works and ways to God and He will take care of us in the most unusual ways, ways that we never thought of.  Are you willing to let Him take care of your thoughts?  I surely am, I don't like what Satan plants in my mind.  Will you join me in committing our works and ways to God and let Him take control of our thoughts.  Please do.  Grandma Joan.

No comments:

Post a Comment