Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Having a Clear, Clean Conscience.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!  Are you ready to start the new year with a clear, clean conscience?  I am looking forward to this year as my best year yet, because I have the best Helper ever to abide with me all the time and guide me in everything I do.  His name is Holy Spirit.  He will be the same for you, so why don't you make this the best New Year ever for you and your family.  I thought it would be great to start out the New Year with a Clear, Clean Conscience, so let's see what that entails.

Yesterday, we studied about having a working conscience and I thought it would be nice to know what having a clear conscience would be like and I am sure this will be a very helpful study and may you be blessed as we go through it.

If your conscience is clear you will have freedom from guilt feelings, wouldn't that be wonderful, I think it would with all my heart.  I have struggled with guilt all my life because I didn't know how to get rid of it, but now I know and I need to know what a clear conscience is like all the time.

Hebrews 10:21,22 "And having a High Priest over the house of God let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water."

In order to have a clear conscience we need our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water from God's throne.  The only One that can do that is God and we have to be willing  to let Him do it when we ask Him, repenting of our evil conscience.

1 Timothy 1:5  "Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith."

This tells us what a clear conscience is all about, love from a pure heart, from a good conscience and from sincere faith.  We cannot do this on our own, we need to ask God to fill us with His fullness so that we can have all three of these qualities of character.  He has promised to do it, remember the study on the Holy Spirit, I think you can go back and check it out, if you want to.

1 Peter 3:15,16  "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed."

That verse is pretty explanatory, but we need to make sure our hearts are sanctified by God so that we can give a good answer for the hope that we have, always with humility and reverence, because our conscience is clear.  Under normal circumstances they would probably be ashamed of reviling us if our answer is from a clear conscience.

Having a clear or clean conscience means that we love from a pure heart, from a clear conscience and from sincere faith.  All three are very, very important for our well being, so that we may have the peace, joy and contentment that God wants us to have.  Can you see what a great witness that would be to others who do not understand our faith and what it could do to help them have the same faith in God?

I pray that God gives me a clear, clean conscience so that I can be free in Him, freedom from the guilt of a plagued conscience. Freedom to witness  to others of what He has done for me.  It makes all the world of difference in our lives.  Total  freedom in Him.  What more could we ask for.  That would be heaven here on earth, waiting for the heaven that He has gone to prepare for us.  May God bless you as you surrender to Him your conscience, your love and your faith.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment