Saturday, January 4, 2014

A Sure Way to Receive God's Blessings!!!!

I want to make sure that I am in tune with God, don't you?  I want His blessings more than anything else in this world, and I don't think it is impossible to receive many, many of them.  For every promise of blessings, there is a condition that we need to abide by and none of them are hard, unless, we love sin too much to let go of it.  I hope that is not my case or yours.  I really do love God and have been studying to show myself approved by Him and staying in His presence as much as I can.  How about you?  In Psalms 119: 1-8 there are some blessings promised us and I want to share them with you.

Verse 1  "Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord!
Verse 2  "Blessed are those who keep His testimonies, who seek Him with the whole heart!
Verse 3  "They also do no iniquity, they walk in His ways."
Verse 4  "You have commanded us to keep Your precepts diligently."
Verse 5  "Oh, that my ways were directed to keep Your statutes."
Verse 6  "Then I would not be ashamed when I look into all Your commandments.'

His Testimonies, His ways, precepts, statutes, law and commandments are all one and the same.  You will find them in Exodus 20. Read them over and pray over them for guidance and see which ones you need to have changed in your life, God will do it if you are sincere.  Look at the blessings that you are missing out on, I have studied them a lot and I know that I have had to give some things up in my life to be able to receive His blessings.  We need not be ashamed when we look into all His commandments, if we sincerely want to follow Him all the way.

Verse 7  "I will praise You with uprightness of heart, when I learn  righteous judgments."
Verse 8  "I will keep Your statutes, Oh, do not forsake me utterly!"

 It is not a hopeless thing to serve the Lord our God, He is willing to do it all for us if we will get rid of self and consent for Him to live within us and do for us what we cannot do for ourselves.
Sometimes we will feel forsaken, but if this happens, don't give up, keep in His presence where the help is that we need.  We just need to keep learning and doing as God leads the way and the promise is that we will be blessed indeed.  We don't change overnight once and for all.  Jesus said in His prayer in John 17:17,
"Sanctify them by Your truth, Your word is truth."

We need to study to show ourselves approved unto God, how do we do that?  By reading His word and his word is truth and we are clean through His word.  John 15:3.  Our journey to heaven is not an over night thing, we just keep moving upward and onward until we become so much like Jesus, He can take us home with Him when He comes.  There is nothing else in this world to look forward to, is there?  I don't think so.
I really am looking forward to living with Jesus forever and ever and I hope that you are too.  May God help us as we journey on to that end   May all His blessings be yours for this New Year  is my prayer for you.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment