Friday, January 3, 2014

My Yoke Is Easy

When you think of a yoke, what comes to your mind?  I grew up on a farm and what comes to my mind is a 'single tree or a double tree'.  A single tree was when we used just one horse, a double tree was when we hooked two horses together and they pulled equally.  I am not sure if that is called a yoke or not, maybe it is where they are hooked together at the neck, no one ever explained that to me, but I know they were hooked together so that they pulled equally.

Back when they used oxen, I recall seeing a picture of something around the neck of the ox and I don't know if that was called a yoke or not but it seems like it was.  Anyway, when they broke in a young ox they yoked him together with an older ox and the older ox did the work while the younger one followed along guided by the older ox.  The largest portion of the burden was upon the older ox and the younger ox was yoked loosely to the older one so as he just followed where the older one went, whether to the right or to the left, the younger ox followed.  This is just what I heard recently and it makes a lot of sense when you read the verses in Matthew 11:29,30.

Now, when you read Matthew 11:29,30  "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls, for My yoke is easy and My burden is light."  What picture do you get of being yoked with Christ?  Walking along side of Him, while He is guiding you step by step, carrying your burden for you and you are walking along beside Him in ease.  What a beautiful picture of our relationship with Christ.

Will you find rest for your soul while being yoked up with Christ?  I heard this yesterday and it was such a good illustration of our walk with God, I just had to share it with you.  I hope you caught the picture that I did.  It was a huge helpful picture of our walk with God.

Please let Him carry your burden for you and rest in Him, because His yoke is easy and His burden is light, if we are yoked up with Him.  I love that picture, I am going to carry this picture with me always, so I won't get discouraged with life's burdens, remembering Who is carrying the burden and Who I am yoked up with.
What a lesson for me, my burden will become less heavy and less painful walking along side of Him and letting Him carry them for me.  Let's walk today with Christ carrying our burdens and guiding us step by step so we won't stumble.  Grandma Joan
PS.  How are your New Years Resolves coming?  I pray you are making great strides!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment