Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Courage for the Elderly

God knows that I need courage at this age, I have many things wrong with me and if it wasn't for Him, I would give up, I still get around good and am thankful for that, still do my own housework and am thankful for that, I have pretty much given up on my yard work, at least for this year, not sure what next year will bring but hopefully will have strength to do flower beds and gardens again.  I have a friend who tells me old age is not for sissies, what do you think?  I think it is important that we stay strong spiritually and the Lord will take care of our minds and body.  That's my thinking.  He is taking care of mine.  I found a few promises for the 'aged' and would like to share them with you since some of you might be as old as I am or creeping up there at least.

Psalms 92:12-15  "The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree, he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.  Those who are planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God.  They shall still bear fruit in old age; They shall be fresh and flourishing, to declare that the Lord is upright; He is my rock and there is no unrighteousness in Him."

This is why I have hope at my age, God is not through with me yet, He says, 'I will still bear fruit for His kingdom in my old age.  I believe Him, this is why He has given me this site to share His truths with you and others who are reading.  I pray for you each day, that you will be strengthened in the truth about God that I am sharing with you.

I believe He has a project for each of us regardless of our age, even small children can share the love of Jesus with their friends.  So age doesn't count with God, He is no respecter of persons and their age.

I am encouraged that my work is not over, and neither is yours.  Hold on to the truths that you have learned and share them with others so they will know them too.  Be faithful to what you are learning and practice the presence of God in your lives.  He is there with you and will bless you in your daily walk with Him.  I truly believe that and I know for a fact that He is with me guiding me day by day and lifting me up day by day so that I do not stumble as much as I use too.  He wants to do the same for you and probably is, you just need to be observant to His ways.  May God continually bless you as you walk with Him.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment