Thursday, January 2, 2014

Please, Deliver Me.

There are many things in this life that we might need deliverance from, some of them might be danger, maybe some sin in our life, could be fear, and you can think of what you need deliverance from.  The one that hits me so direct this morning is the 'powers of darkness' that has engulfed me lately.  I can feel it overwhelming me.  One reason I believe that this is happening is because Satan does not like me sharing my faith with you or anyone, He is not happy when one turns away from Him and finds Jesus and wants to share what He has found.

I have been faithful with my blogs even to the point of doing some ahead in case of an emergency like this one, I have not been able to even think of anything to share with you from Monday until now  Anyway, I needed time with God to figure out what in the world is wrong and why I am in this rut of darkness.  God has heard my prayer and here I am blogging again.  "Thank you Lord, for your immediate answer to my prayer.  I really don't know what I would do without You."

This is what I found this morning as I was pleading with God for help!!!!

Colossians 1:13  "He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love."  A beautiful promise if we fall under Satan's power of darkness.   We need deliverance!!!!

2 Timothy 4:18  "And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly Kingdom.  To Him be glory forever and ever."  This is a great promise for us when we unknowingly fall into temptation and sin.  He will deliver us.

2 Peter 2:9  "The Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations..."  He absolutely does know how to deliver us out of temptations, so trust Him and believe that He will do it.

Do you remember the stories in the Bible how God delivered Noah and his family from the flood, how He delivered Lot and his family from the destroying by fire the city of Sodom, how He delivered Israel from the Egyptians by opening up the Red Sea so they could cross over on dry ground and then when the Egyptian army got in the middle of it, God caused the waters to flood over them and drown them.  What a mighty God we serve, and Daniel from the Lion's Den and David from the Philistine army and killing Goliath, and Daniel's friends from the firery furnace, the fire was so hot it killed the men who threw them in and yet they came out unscathed.

Can He deliver you?  Yes, yes, He can, He has come to my rescue again and again and I know from my own experiences that He can and He will if we just ask Him in all sincerity.  He will lead us into all truth just as He has led me these past 80 plus years and again this morning, so have faith that He will lead you and also deliver you out of your darkness and temptations.  I love Him so much, don't you?  If you don't you should.  He is with you even when you don't want Him with you, He knows your heart and what He can do with your life if you only would give it to Him.  Please trust Him with your life just now as I am praying for you. You have a whole New Year ahead of you, what will you do with it?  Is God included in it? Grandma Joan.



No comments:

Post a Comment