Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Reward of the Faithful

I remember when I was a little girl how my mother rewarded me with good things to eat, perhaps that's why I like to eat, I don't know but one time she changed things and promised me a brand new bicycle if I would stay home with my Aunt and Uncle while she went on a weekend date and he took his two kids but didn't want me along.  That should have been a warning shouldn't it but I guess it wasn't.  Anyway, what little girl wouldn't want a brand new bicycle?  So I stayed home and got my new bicycle.  It was beautiful, and well worth staying home for.

We have a reward promised us if we are faithful.  It far outshines the bicycle and is not only a physical reward but an eternal reward that far surpasses anything that we have ever seen or heard. Let's read about it.

Isaiah 65:1-5  "They shall build houses and inhabit them; They shall plant vineyards and eat their fruit; They shall not build and another inhabit; They shall not plant and another eat; For as the days of a tree, so shall be the days of My people; And My elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.  They shall not labor in vain nor bring forth children for trouble; For they shall be the descendants of the blessed of the Lord, and their offspring with them.  It shall come to pass, That before they call, I will answer;  And while they are still speaking, I will hear.  The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, The lion shall eat straw like the ox, and dust shall be the serpent's food.  They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain, says the Lord."

Isn't that the most perfect place you have ever heard of.  I have a hard time even picturing it but I know it is true because I know the God that has promised it.  He has kept His word with me and I know His word is true and faithful.  Read Revelation 21 and 22, it is even a more beautiful picture of our eternal home with God.

Doesn't this picture of our eternal home and there's more in Revelation, doesn't it make you want to be there, God will be there in person and His Son and all the Holy angels.  I have always said since I learned these truths that the first thing I want to do is meet Jesus and then I want to witness His meeting with Adam when they first meet in heaven. I know Adam loved His Redeemer and it will be a wonderful thing to see them embrace and Adam will probably fall down and worship Jesus and praise Him for saving him, as we all will probably do.

None of us will be worthy to be there but Jesus has made a way through His life and death here on this earth to save us and through His mediation that He is doing now, presenting us to the Father with His hands out-
stretched with the nail prints showing His Father why we are worthy to be there.  Because He died for us to save us and when we accept this salvation which has been provided free to all, we will be worthy through Christ to be there.

Don't you want to be there?  I do and I will be there by God's amazing grace and you can too.  I do hope that you will make that decision for Christ today.  What could hold you back?  Nothing is worth giving up  the Reward of the Faithful for, nothing.  Tomorrow, I want to study Christ's mediation for us that is going on right now this very time.  Won't you join me for this very important study?  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment