Monday, January 6, 2014

Our Guardian Angels

We are told in the Bible that sometimes we entertain angels unaware and I know that is true, as I told you our angel story when we were on the road in New Mexico.  It's happened to lots and lots of people a I have read so many stories of angels coming to the rescue, supplying needs and help when no one was there to help.  God uses His Helpers to go to our side when we need it and there is no other way to get help.  Like when we were stranded in New Mexico, there was no help around and no one would stop to help and when they did they could only help one way and not come back.  We were out of gas and nothing for miles and miles.  Then a police car shows up out of nowhere and has five gallons of gas in the trunk which I am told they don't carry gas in their trunks especially on hot days.  Anyway, when he went back to his car, we turned to look and there was no car on the road that was straight as a pin for twenty miles or more.  God knew what would happen to me if left alone for who knows how long while my husband tried to hitch hike to get gas. I am so thankful for guardian angels.

Remember the story of Daniel in the lions den.  Daniel 6:22  "My God sent His angels and shut the lions mouths, so that the have not hurt me..."  He sent his angels to protect and deliver him from the lions.

Remember Peter when he was in prison.  Acts 12:7  "Now behold, an angel of the Lord stood by him, and a light shone in the prison; and he struck Peter on the side and raised him up, saying  'Arise quickly!' And his chains fell off his hands."  Read the story in Acts 12.  It's a good story.  There are so many good stories that help us in our Christian walk of faith.

Psalms 34:7  "The angel of the Lord encamps all around them who fear Him, and delivers them."   I can vouch for that.

Psalms 91:11  "For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways."

If we reverence God, we have angels camped all around us to deliver us in times of danger.  And also to keep us in our Christian walk of faith.  They are there to help when we are tempted, when we stumble, we we cry and are in pain, they are there to comfort us.  We have such a great God, who is interested in every little thing in our lives. Aren't we the most blessed people to serve a God like that.  I am so thankful.  I hope you are too.  I promised a few days ago or longer that I would do a study on angels and their work and so there you have it and I needed it just to refresh my mind on how wonderful it is to have such powerful beings right beside me all the time.  I love angel stories, and I have read lots of them.  I have an idea that some of you have entertained angels unawares sometime or another, if you thought about it.  You might share them with me, I would love to hear them.

Enjoy life more by just knowing they are there beside you.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment