Monday, February 27, 2017

Companionship

This is a followup of the post on separating from evil.  I hope it helps someone as much as it has helped me.  We must be very, very careful of who we choose for friends.  I have found that out the hard way.  Friends can lift you up if you choose the right ones or they can drag you down into the gutter. So be careful who you choose for friends.  I say this from experience and sometimes the other individual doesn't want you to withdraw from them, so choose carefully, please!

Exodus 34:12  "Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land whither thou goest, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee:"

Psalm 1:1  "Blessed is the man that walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the way of sinners, not sits in the seat of the scornful."

Proverbs 4:14  "Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men."

Proverbs 24:1  "Be not thou envious against evil men, neither desire to be with them."

1 Corinthians 5:11  "But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such a one no not to eat."

2 Corinthians 6:14  "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers; for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?"

Some more helpful texts for me and I hope they help someone today.  As you can see by the posts, that I have been having some problems with my choices of friends and companions and I needed these verses to help me to know how to better choose and if I choose wrongfully, that I can withdraw and do it quietly and respectfully.  This has been very helpful.  God never lets me down.  I pray that this will help someone today.  Christian love to all of you who are struggling and to those who are not.  I believe most of us are a struggling Christian in this world of sin.  So cheer up and follow on to know your Lord and Savior.  You are on the right path.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment