Sunday, February 26, 2017

What About Our Associations?

I have been pummeling over something lately that I believe this study has the answer.  Have you ever tried to befriend someone and no matter what you said or did or how hard you tried to be their friend, nothing seemed to penetrate their mind. As you probably know, my greatest desire in life is to be the kind of Christian that follows God no matter what and when I see someone that looks like they need a friend, I feel sorry for them and want to help.  Well, it doesn't always work, I can tell you that and I was beside myself with what to do.  I could  see that helping them spiritually was of no avail.  Their mind was in the gutter all the time, all the time, and I cannot live like that or think like that, I will not. I didn't know what to do and I was being used the whole time too.  Well, guess what?  I found the answer.  Here it is.

Isaiah 52:11 "Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean thing; go ye out from the midst of her; be ye clean that bear the vessels of the Lord."

John 15:19  "If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

Acts 2:40 "And with many other words did He testify and exhort, saying, save yourselves from this untoward generation."

Ephesians 5:11  "And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them."

And  here is a command!

2 Thessalonians 3:6 "Now we command you brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walks disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received from us."

Do you think this answers my troubled heart, yes, in many ways and it is what I have done, but I guess I needed proof that I was doing the right thing.  I have withdrawn myself according to this command.  Now I will let God do the rest.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment