Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Promises to the Seekers of God's Word

Seeking God's word reminds me  of someone who is really determined to find out what life is all about and turns to God's word to remedy their life situations.  I've certainly remedied a lot of mine through the study of the Bible and you can too.  Some examples of curing life's maladies that I have experienced.  The amazing part of this seeking is that when God does a remedy, we don't always realize what he has done until after He has done it.  For example, I was very timid and I had prayed about getting over it and some time later I was impressed to give a friend some pretty scarves that I make, and so I did, then people asked her where she got them and this was at church,  and then somebody would say, ' Oh, your the lady that makes those pretty scarves'.  And before I knew what was happening a good share of the ladies had at least one of them and others more than one and then that led into great friends and the great friends taught me how to love all those around me and that led to some of the greatest friends I have ever had.  And I am still doing it.  Love making friends and loving them as well. Then I realized what God had done for me.  Some of it before I even asked.  I am so thankful to a loving God who has put His love in my heart and made me so many, many friends.  I've never had so many friends and received so many hugs and even kisses.   So let's see some promises for the Seekers.

Deuteronomy 4:29  "But if from thence thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shall find Him, if thou seek Him with all thy heart and with all thy soul."

2 Chronicles 7:14  "If my people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

Proverbs 8:17  "I love them that love Me, and those that seek me early shall find me."

Luke 11:9  "And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you' seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you."

Do you see why I think it is so important to pray and seek the Lord through His word.  It works miracles in our lives and I also have learned to be a giver too.  I liked to give before but now it is just automatic to want to give my scarves away.  I gave four more away last night at our valentine party.  It is so much fun, it is something anyone can do.  I love it and I love them too.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment