Saturday, February 18, 2017

Promises to the Obedient

Some people do not think it is necessary to be obedient to God.  But I want to tell you that if you promised your children or anyone certain things if they were obedient to you or respected what the requirements were, you probably wouldn't pour out your blessings on them if they disrespected you and your requirements.  Do you see how that works.  I am not perfect but I do love Him and respect His authority and want His blessings and that is why I believe that His promises are for the obedient.  You understand that we all receive blessings from Him every day that we don't even ask for but it would be well to show our appreciation for them by thanking Him daily for those blessings.  So let's see what He has to say about this subject.

Exodus 20:6  "And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments."

Exodus 23:22  "But if thou shall indeed obey His voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries."

Deuteronomy 4:40  "Thou shall keep therefore His statutes, and His commandments, which I command thee this day, that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy days upon the earth, which the Lord thy God giveth thee, for ever."

Deuteronomy 11:26,27  "Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse;  A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you this day."

Isaiah 1:19  "If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:"

Mark 3:35  "For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother."

John 7:17  "If any man will do His will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself."

John 14:23  "Jesus answered and said unto him, 'If a man love Me, he will keep My words; and My Father will love Him,  and we will come unto him and make our abode with him."

God has so many promises to those who obey Him.  We do slip and fall, not on purpose but it is our sinful nature that causes this, but, we can jump right up from our all and confess our fall and repent of it and we are forgiven and go right on accepting His promises by faith to those who believe.  Are you a believer?  I think you are or you wouldn't be reading this.  Grandma Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment