Sunday, February 19, 2017

Promises of Ultimate Victory

Victory.  What is Victory?  The dictionary says it means, a success, triumph over an enemy, defeating an enemy, to win, to succeed.  Sounds great doesn't it?  When I was in high school, I loved football, no, I didn't play football, but I was a great promoter in the grandstand.  I would yell for our team until I was hoarse.  I'm not into sports anymore but at that time it was very important to me for our team to win.  We lived out on a farm, so I didn't get to go to many games but once in a while I would get a chance to stay for a home game, it was exciting.

I am asking myself, 'Is it as exciting today when I have a touchdown in my life and overcome some-thing that I have been battling for a long time.  Do I thank the One who has given me the victory over that obstacle that has been hounding me for a long time?  It might be appetite, under appetite we might list, food, overwork, sexual desires, an addiction of some kind, there are many ways we can have a sinful appetite. I don't know about you but I do know about me, and I know when I have a victory over some sin I feel so clean and good.  I know I am not alone in craving a pure life in Christ. It is something that all of us have a need for, so with that in mind, I would like to look at some promises of victory today.  Are you with me?

Over Evil Influences of men

Psalm 44:5  "Through Thee will we push down our enemies:  Through Thy name will we tread them under that rise up against us."

Over Malign Spiritual Forces

Luke10:19  "Behold, I give you power to tread on serpents,scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you."

Over Severest Afflictions

Romans 8:35  "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?  shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unkindness, or peril, or sword?

Romans 8:37  "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us."

Over Worldly Allurements

1 John 5:4  "For whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world: And this is the victory that overcomes the world even our faith."

Over All Satanic Powers

Revelation 15:2  "And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God."

Are these verses encouraging?  They are to me.  I needed this little study today.  We can have the power to push down an enemy that is trying to keep us from serving God with all our heart.  Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?  We can be conquerors over all the power of the enemy through Christ who strengthens us and loves us.  If we are born of God, we can overcome the world.
What encouragement!  I hope you have been encouraged today.  I pray that we will let Christ reign in our hearts and we can overcome the enemy of our souls through our Loving Father in heaven.  We can have all the help we need.  Please help ME Lord Jesus, I need you so much.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment