Monday, February 13, 2017

Promises to the Tempted

Are you ever tempted to just give up and go your own way?  I think everyone has been there at one time or another. When you think of what Jesus gave up for us, it helps to strengthen us to go on and win the fight with evil.  Listen to this, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9.  I am weak but He is strong, and His grace and strength is what pulls me through all my trials and there have been plenty, more than plenty.  His strength is made perfect in my weakness.  I praise Him for His everlasting grace and strength to pull me through every time.  If you come to Him in your weakness, you WILL find grace and strength to resist the devil and He will flee from you. James 4:7.  Let's see what God says about being tempted.

Power to tread on evil forces

Luke 10:19  "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy; and nothing shall by any means hurt you."

Safety through Christ's intercession

Luke 22:31,32  "And the Lord said, 'Simon, Simon, Satan has desired to have you, that he may sift you like wheat:  But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren."

The bruising of the Serpent's head

Romans 16:20  "And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly.  The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with  you.  Amen"

A way of escape

1 Corinthians 10:13  "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."

Help in the trying hour

Hebrews 2:18  (succor meaning help or assistance)  "For in that He Himself hath suffered being tempted, He is able to succor them that are tempted."

Final Victory

James 4:7  "Submit yourselves therefore to God.  Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

Enthroned with Christ

Revelation 3:21  "To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with me in My throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in His throne."

What do you think of these promises?  God has provided all the help we need.  We just need to claim His promises and we will succeed in our trials and temptations, even though they may be hard He is able to help us through them.  I have experienced this over and over and the reward is to be able to partake of His divine nature and be with Him forever and ever is worth every effort we put forth to have faith in His promises. Because we are weak, His strength is sufficient for us, always, and His help is always at our side.  Try Him, He is faithful.  Because He has suffered temptation, He is able to help us when we suffer temptation.  I love the promises of God, are you leaning on His promises?  Try them, He never fails, you may think He doesn't care but He does, He doesn't want one person to be lost.  Give up and let God take over in your life and you will be saved.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment