Friday, February 24, 2017

God a Fortress, A Hiding Place, a Refuge and a Shield

What else could we ask for?  He has promised so much, I can't get over all the promises that have been made in our behalf.  These next promises are for us when we are attacked by satan.  We need to be strong and the way we are made strong is through His promises to us.  Remember, 'Through His Promises we become partakers of His Divine Nature.  So study His promises and be strengthened.

God a Fortress

2 Samuel 22:2  "And He said, The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer."

Psalm 18:2  "The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower."

Psalm 91:2 "I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him will I trust."

Nahum 1:7  "The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and He knows them that trust in him."

A Hiding Place

Psalm 17:8  "Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of Thy wings."

Psalm 27:5  "For in the time of trouble He hall hide me in His pavilion: in the secret of His tabernacle shall He hide me; He shall set me up upon a rock."

Psalm 31:20  "Thou shalt hide them in the secret of Thy presence from the pride of man: Thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues."

Psalm 32:7  "Thou art my hiding place; Thou shalt preserve me from trouble; Thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance."

Psalm 64:2,3  "Hide me from the secret counsel of the wicked; from the insurrection of the workers of iniquity: who whet their tongue like a sword, and bend their bows to shoot their arrows, even bitter words:"

Psalm 119:114  "Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in Thy word."

Psalm 143:9  "Deliver me, O Lord, from mine enemies: I flee unto thee to hide me."

A Refuge

Psalm 31:20  "Thou shalt hide them in the secret of Thy presence from the pride of man: Thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues."

Psalm 46:1  "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."

Psalm 71:3 "Be Thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: Thou  hast given commandment to save me; for Thou art my rock and my fortress."

Proverbs 14:26  "In the fear of the Lord is strong confidence: and His children shall have a place of refuge."

Proverbs 18:10  "The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runs into it, and is safe."

A Shield

Genesis 15:1  "After these things the word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am Thy shield, and Thy exceeding great reward."

Deuteronomy 33:29  "Happy art thou O Israel: who is like unto thee, O people saved by the Lord, the shield of thy help, and who is the sword of thy excellency!  And thine enemies shall be found liars unto thee; and thou shalt tread upon their high places."

Psalm 33:20  "Our soul waits for the Lord: He is our help and our shield."

Psalm 84:11  "For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will He withhold from them that walk uprightly."

Proverbs 30:5,6  "Every word of God is pure, He is a shield unto them that put their trust in Him. Add thou not unto His words; lest He reprove thee, and thou be found a liar."

I don't think I need to add a word unto these verses.  It is very great promises that He will protect us from the enemy of souls, wherever they are and whatever they do or say, we are always able to ask God to protect us and He will.  Please believe these promises and rest in His words.  Thats what I do and I am safe in His care, always.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment