Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Through His Promises

Remember yesterday we studied 2 Peter and the fourth verse states that we are given exceeding great and precious promises that by these we might become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.  Lust means, ardor, desire, passion, crave, covet, I think we get the meaning.  How do we escape this lust that burns in us?  By partaking in His precious promises we become a partaker of His divine nature.  

This chapter in second Peter has meant so much to me and I want so much to be a partaker of His divine nature, it's a thousand times better than my human nature and truly blesses me in so many ways when I surrender my all to Him each morning, sometimes my whole thought patterns have changed without me knowing it, and also the peace that I have knowing my heart is giving out on me, and I keep going and have such peace about it.  All this is so wonderful and has come about because I love to read His promises and apply them to my life. There are so many!!

Unfailing

1 Kings 8:56  "Blessed be the Lord, that hath given rest unto his people Israel according to all that he promised: there hath not failed one word of all His good promises which He promised by the hand of Moses His servant."

Assured by Divine Ability

Romans 4:21  "And being fully persuaded, that what He had promised, He was also able to perform."

Grounded in Christ

2 Corinthians 1:20  "For all the promises of God in Him are yes, and in Him Amen, unto the glory of God by us."

Of Infinite Value

2 Peter 1:4  "Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust."

Culminate in Everlasting Life

1 John 2:25  "And this is the promise that He has promised us, even eternal life."

Do you believe these promises?  If you do, you are on the path to being a partaker of His divine nature.  What more could we ask of Him, than to be a partaker of His nature.  I am overwhelmed with the thought.  Day by day this can be our life as we submit to Him.  We must submit to His will and believe His promises.  It may take the rest of your life but believe me, it's worth it.  This study today has been such a blessing to me again.  I need to go over it again and again.  It gives me strength to go on and get up every morning knowing my day is walking with Him.  What a blessing!!  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment