Friday, February 3, 2017

Our Words

Are you someone who speaks before they think?  I have with many regrets. I am learning that our words are an important part of our life and can mean we love or hate, we want friends, or we don't, we care about others or we don't care, we care about how others feel or we don't care how they feel, we can hurt with our words and don't care if we do.  I hope that none of us fit into this bracket.

Our words can also show how much we love others, can make wonderful friends, can lead others to Christ, can be comforting, can be full of wisdom and counsel, and can heal a hurting soul.  Now, that is the kind of words that I want to speak, don't you?  Let's check out our words with scripture.

Pleasant words.

Proverbs 16:24 "Pleasant words are as an honeycomb sweet to the soul, and health to the bones."

Appropriate words.

Proverbs 25:11  "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver."

Gracious words.

Ecclesiastes 10:12  "The words of a wise man's mouth are gracious;"

Comforting words.

Isaiah 50:4  "The Lord God hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned."

Kind words.

Proverbs 15:1  "A soft answer turneth away wrath:"

Wise words.

Proverbs 15:2  "The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright:"

Has this helped you in choosing the right words in our daily conversations? I hope so, it has helped me to guard my tongue but most of all to ask the Holy Spirit to speak through me so that I do not injure anyone with my tongue. It is so important that we speak with words of love in our hearts.  It will go a long way in winning souls for Christ.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment