Thursday, February 9, 2017

Divine Promises

God's word is full of His promises, we only have to believe them and live our life fully for Him and then they will be fulfilled.  He never fails but we must not fail Him either.  We do of course, but He is a loving and forgiving God.  We must not be presumptuous and think that we can do whatever we want and God loves us so much that He won't care what we do, He will still bless us anyway.  That is not true.  We owe God our allegiance and our life.  He put us here for a purpose and that is to let His love shine through us to those around us and then we can count on Him to fulfill His promises to us.  His great and precious promises.  Here are some more, I hope you are being blessed by them.

Unfailing

1 Kings 8:56  "Blessed be the Lord, that hath given rest unto his people Israel, according to all that He promised:  there hath not failed one word of a His good promise, which He promised by the hand of Moses His servant."

Promises assured by Divine ability

Romans 4:21  "And being fully persuaded, that what He had promised, He was able to perform."

Grounded in Christ

2 Corinthians 1:20  "For all the promises of God in Him are yes, and in Him Amen, unto the glory of God by us."

Of Infinite Value

2 Peter 1:4  "Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises that by these ye might be partaker of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that  is in the world through lust."

Culminate in Everlasting Life

1 John 2:25  "And this is the promise that He hath promised us, even eternal life."

I hope you are catching on to what God really wants to do for you.  He only asks two things from us, Believe and follow Me.  Are you willing?  I am.  I am by nature a very stubborn person and in a way that is a good thing but in another way it is not a good thing at all.  If I am set in my beliefs that God does not approve, that is a bad thing, but if I am convinced that what He says He will do and I am stubborn enough to not let go of this, that is a good thing.  We must hang on to what God says and let go of our ways that don't agree with His ways.  Does that make sense to you?  It does to me, sometimes I have a hard time expressing myself but I always pray that God will bless my little study and that it will help someone in need of the very words that are printed here.  May God really bless you abundantly as you read His promises, they are for you.  More tomorrow.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment