Thursday, February 23, 2017

Precious Lord, Take My Hand

Taking the hand of another, has a comforting feeling, specially if a person is ill, or discouraged. A hug is even better, but let's just consider the taking of a person's hand. Has anyone ever taken your hand in theirs and taken their other hand and patted your hand.  To me, there is a special, comforting, fellowship and helpfulness in that handshake.  It has a special meaning in it of caring for how you are doing and maybe a hint of Christian love in it?  There was lots of love in Jesus taking your hand, His hand had a lot of meaning in it when He took your hand.  Let's take a look at someone taking your hand.

A Sign of Friendship

2 Kings 10:15  "And when he was departed thence, he lighted on Jehonadab the son of Rechab coming to meet him and he saluted him, and said to him.  Is thine heart right as my heart is with thy heart?   And Jehonadab answered, It is.  If it be, give me thine hand.  And he gave him his hand; and he took him up to him into the chariot."

A Little Girl Responds to the Healing Hand of Jesus

Matthew 9:25  "But when  the people were put forth, he went in, and took her by the hand, and the maid arose."

Even the Demon Possessed respond to the hand of Jesus

Mark 9:27  "But Jesus took him by the hand, and lifted him up, and he arose."

Feet and Ankles Respond to the Hand of Peter

Acts 3:7  "And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength."

Peter Lifted up the Dead by His Hand

Acts 9:41  "And he gave her (Dorcas) his hand and lifted her up, and when he had called the saints and widows, presented her alive.

Our hands can mean so much to others.  They can mean a lot of Christian love and they can also be used in the wrong way if our heart is not right with God.  We must have the love of Christ in our heart if we are truly Christians and then the touch of our hands will be comforting and tell the person that they mean a lot to you, that you love them with the love of Jesus in your heart.  I am so loved at the church I attend. I cannot explain how it has made such a difference in my life.  I am sure the people that love me, will probably never know.  I also like to make new friends by loving them with a touch or even a hug if it's a lady and I am not afraid to tell them that I love them, if I truly do.  I always receive more love than I give.  Try it you might just be overcome with the love of the saints.  Grandma Joan




No comments:

Post a Comment