Saturday, February 11, 2017

Promises to the Afflicted

Are you afflicted with sickness and disease"  I am, and it is all my own fault, I know that, but God is merciful and wants to save us even if we have wandered and gone our own way in any portion of our life.  I started in my affliction with Osteoporosis, and have broken many bones, my hip, my ribs many times, and all my vertebrae twice and just last Friday another one for the third time.  I know what pain is and I have come to know who God is and that He is a merciful, kind and loving Father and doesn't want me to suffer like I have, but I have not always obeyed as I should and we do suffer the consequence of our disobedience.  But as you will see, 'Many are the afflictions of the righteous ut God delivers them'. So those that are serving God do suffer.Yesterday, I wanted to shower and I was in such pain I was afraid to try it for fear of falling, so I actually wept before God and asked Him to give me strength to take my shower without pain and to please heal this unbearable pain.  Well, I took my shower without any pain and the pain is much better but still unbearable at times, but I haven't lost faith that He is taking care of me.  I love Him and want to share the love that He has given me, and this is one way I am able to do it, so I pray that you are blessed with these promises today to the afflicted.

Brighter days

Psalm 30:5  "For his anger endures but a moment; in His favor is life, weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning."  (I do have joy in the Lord, even in my pain.)

Deliverance

Psalm 34:19 "Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all."

Divine care in sickness

Psalm 41:3  "The Lord will strengthen him upon the bed of languishing; Thou will make all his bed in his sickness."

Comfort of God's presence

Isaiah 43:2  " When thou pass through the waters, I will be with thee, and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee:  when thou walk through the fire, thou shall not be burned, neither shall the flame kindle upon thee."

An Eternal Home

John 14:1,2  "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in Me. (Jesus speaking)
In My Father's house are many mansions" if it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you."

All things work for the Believers Good

Romans 8:28  "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God to them who are the called according to His purpose."
2 Corinthians 4:17  "For our light affliction which is but for a moment, works for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory."

Sufficiency of Divine Grace

2 Corinthians 12:9  "And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.  Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

I know God loves us even in our waywardness, even though He does not approve of our ways, He forgives if we repent and are not deliberately sinning just to see if He will help us.  No that is not the way to look at His loving kindness.  He loves us and does not want us to suffer but we have a free choice whether we will obey or have our own way.  I have learned some very hard lessons on this very thing, but I can tell you this, my afflictions have not turned me away from Him, they have drawn me closer and closer as my need has increased, pain and all.  There is more on this subject tomorrow so hang in there and be blessed.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment