Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Enduring Hardships and Persevering Until the End

One thing I am pretty sure of and that is, that we have all endured hardships of some kind or another.  But there may come worse hardships before Jesus comes.  We need to be strengthened to be able to endure anything that might come upon us, regardless of what it is.  We also need to be strong in His might to be able to Persevere until the End.  So let's strengthen our mind so we may be able to endure anything that comes our way.  Most of the trials we face will probably be spiritual trials to strengthen our faith, of course there will be physical trials too.  All trials are given to strengthen our faith and prepare us for Christ's soon coming.  Let's dig in.

Matthew 10:22  "And ye shall be hated of all men for My names sake: but he that endures to the end shall be saved."  I am sure we have all be hated at one time or another, maybe not but if we stand up for Christ there is a good chance that will happen.  I have been disliked because I stood up for what I believe and especially if I saw someone being hurt by another person.

Hebrews 12:7  "If ye endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons, for what son is he whom the father chastens not?  Have you been punished for something even if you didn't do it?  We know we are guilty if God punishes us and usually it is to make us a better person.  I'm not sure if God has punished me or not.  I'm thinking I probably brought it upon myself but of course he allows things to help us be a better person and learn a lesson.

James 1:12  "Blessed is the man that endures temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life which the Lord hath promised to them that love him." This is  wonderful promise for those of us who endure temptation. It's very important for us to endure so that we can receive that crown of life.

James 5:11  "Behold, we count them happy which endure.  Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy."  Remember how Job endured and his patience and how the Lord blessed him with twice as much as he had before his trials.  This story always encourages me,  I want to endure like Job, don't you?

1 Peter 2:19  "For this is thank worthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully."  We can be grateful when we endure grief or suffering for Christ's sake knowing that we will be stronger and stronger for enduring.

Job 17:9  "The righteous also shall hold on his way, and he that hath clean hands shall be stronger and stronger.

John 15:9  "As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love." If we continue in His love we will be able to have the strength to endure to the end.

Galatians 6:9  "And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Let's not get weary and faint along the way because there is a crown of life waiting for us.

Hebrews 12:1  "Wherefore, seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us  lay aside every weight and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us."We do have sins that seem to get hold of us at times, don't we?  Let's lay them aside and be patient and run the Christian race that is set before us.

1 Peter 1:13  "Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end of the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;" We must wrap up the thoughts in our minds and be sober and have the hope that the revelation of Jesus Christ brings us.

Revelation 3:11  "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown." He is coming quickly, make sure we are holding on to what He has given us that someone else doesn't take our crowns.  That would be a sad day if someone else slipped in and took our crown and we lost out.  I can't think of anything worse.  I can't wait to cast my crown at the feet of Jesus and praise Him for saving me from all my unworthiness.  That will be a wonderful day, won't it?  I hope you will be there and rejoice with me and we shall meet there for the first time.  Grandma Joan



No comments:

Post a Comment