Thursday, August 10, 2017

Promises from the book of Isaiah - Study - 1

Some of my favorite promises in the Bible are in Isaiah.  I hope you get as much out of them as I have.

Isaiah 26:3,4  "You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You.  Trust in the Lord forever,  for in the Lord is everlasting strength."

I think we can all use all the peace we can get in this turbulent world we are in and wish things were getting better, but not sure if they are but we are promised peace if our mind is stayed on Christ.

Isaiah 26:12  "Lord, You will establish peace for us, for You have also done all our works in us."

Isaiah 30:15  "For thus says the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel:  In returning and rest you shall be saved:  In quietness and confidence shall be your strength."

I like it when it says 'In quietness and confidence shall be our strength.  I live such a quiet life that noise is very disturbing to me.

Isaiah 30:19  "For the people shall dwell in Zion at Jerusalem;  You shall weep no more.  He will be very gracious to you at the sound of your cry; When He hears it He will answer you."
When He hears your cry, He will answer you.

Isaiah 30:21 "Your ears will hear a word behind you, saying, This is the way, walk in it, 'whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left."
This verse is a promise for guidance wherever we go, we are to have a sure guide.

Isaiah 32:17,18  "The work of the righteous will be peace, and the effect of righteousness, quietness, and assurance forever.  My people will dwell in a peaceful habitation, in secure dwellings, and in quiet resting places."
A wonderful promise for those who are stressed out!  He has quiet resting places for us.

Isaiah 33:16  "He will dwell on high; His place of defense will be the fortress of rocks;  Bread will be given him, his water will be sure."
In times of trouble, we have the promise of Christ's place of defense will be the fortress of rocks, our bread will be given us and our water will be sure.

Don't you love these promises, I do.  God is always ready to help us in whatever situation we find ourselves in.  I am so thankful I have a Father in heaven to watch over me in all that I do or wherever I go.  Such wonderful promises.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment