Friday, August 11, 2017

Promises from the book of Isaiah - Study 3

So sorry I got the Isaiah studies turned around but it doesn't change the meaning so I guess it will be OK this time.  Remember to take God at His word and believe His promises.

Isaiah 55:7 last part.  "Let him return to the Lord, and He will have mercy on him; and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon."

Isaiah 55:11,12  "So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth.  It shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.  For you shall go out with joy, and be led out with peace;  The mountains and the hills shall break forth into singing before you, an all the trees of the field shall clap their hands."

These verses are speaking of the new earth.  It will be so wonderful to behold, nothing will be like it is here.  Nothing at all.  The beauty will be unspeakable.  Can't even imagine.

Isaiah 57:15  "For thus says the High and lofty One who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy:  I dwell in the high and holy place, with him who has a contrite (repentant) and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones."

Isaiah 57:19,20  "I create the fruit of the lips:  Peace, peace to him who is far off and to him who is near, says the Lord, and I will heal him.'  But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt."

I'm sure that most of us know what a troubled sea looks like, it's rough and stormy and it seems not to be able to rest, the waves are high and boistrous and scary too if you are out on it.  We want to have peace like the verse says and not be like a troubled sea, don't we?

If you have the time and want to know what your duty as a Christian is, please read Isaiah 58.  It is very eye opening.

Isaiah 59:1,2  "Behold the Lord's hand is not shortened that it cannot save, nor His ear heavy that it cannot hear.  But your iniquities have separated you from your God; and your sins have hidden His face from you so that He will not hear."

This verse tells us why our prayers have not been answered, doesn't it?  I use to wonder why God didn't answer my prayers for my children or for better health or many other requests that I have prayed.  Now I know.  He wants to wash us clean in His cleansing blood and clothe us in His perfect righteousness and in return He expects us to be His obedient children.  Do you think that is asking too much from us.  After all He has done for us, I think it is the fair thing to require of us.  I hope you do too.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment