Saturday, August 12, 2017

Promises from the Books of Hosea, Joel, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah & Malachi.

I call these books written by the little prophets because their books are so small and I don't know how well read they are but they have some good promises in them and we would do well to go over them.

Hosea 6:1-3  "Come, and let us return to the Lord; for He has torn, but He will heal us; He has stricken, but He will bind us up.  After two days He will revive us; on the the third day He will raise us up, that we may live in His sight.  Let us know, Let us pursue the knowledge of the Lord.  His going forth is established as the morning; He will come to us like the rain, like the latter and former rain to the earth."

Hosea 14:4-7  "I will heal their backsliding.  I will love them freely, for My anger has turned away from him.  I will be like the dew to Israel; He shall grow like the lily, and lengthen his roots like Lebanon.  His branches shall spread; His beauty shall be like an olive tree, and his smell as Lebanon.  Those who dwell under his shadow shall return; They shall be revived like grain, and grow like a vine.  Their scent shall be like the wine of Lebanon."

Joel 2:28,29  "And it shall come to pass afterward that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophecy, Your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions.  And also on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days."

Micah  6:8  "He has shown thee, O man, What is good; and what does the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

Micah 7:18-20  "Who is a God like you, pardoning iniquity and passing over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage?  He does not retain His anger forever because He delights in mercy.  He will again have compassion on us, and will subdue our iniquities  You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea, you will give truth to Jacob and mercy to Abraham which you have sworn to our fathers from days of old."

Nahum 1:7  "The Lord is good.  A stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him."

Habakkuk 1:5  "I will work a work in your days which you would not believe, though it were told you."

Habakkuk 2:4  "The just shall live by his faith."

Habakkuk 2:20  "The Lord is in His Holy Temple.  Let all the earth keep silence before Him."

Habakkuk 3:18,19  "I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation.  The Lord God is my strength; He will make my feet like deers feet, and He will make me walk on my high hill."

Zephaniah 3:17  "The Lord your God in your midst, the mighty One will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."

Malachi 3:10,11  "Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and try Me now in this, says the Lord of hosts, If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such a blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it.  And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, so that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground, nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field, says the Lord of hosts."

Malachi 4:2  "But to you who fear My name the Sun of Righteousness shall arise with healing in His wings, and you shall go out and grow fat like stall fed calves."

These promises like some of the others are easy to understand but need to be gone over and over to be able to comprehend the depth of them and be able to put them into practice.  Remember all the promises in the Bible are on condition of love and obedience to our loving Savior.  We cannot expect to receive all the things He has promised us if we don't love Him, repent of our sins and obey His commandments.  That wouldn't be fair at all.  Jesus expects us to repent of our sins and surrender our lives to Him and then He will fulfill His promises to us.  Let us make sure our motives are right too, and we are not trying to obey the law so we can receive from Him.  We need to obey because we love Him and want to serve Him with all our heart.  When we surrender to Him our all in all, He has promised to come and live in us and do the work in us that is required of us.  I know this is hard to understand and we will be covering some of this in our next studies.  These are the last promises that I have found in the Bible.  I hope you have been blessed by them and will continue to read the studies that I  post to help you understand how easy it is to let Christ  do the work in you.  I am anxious to get to the core of this because it has bugged me for many years and I think I am beginning to understand it better now and will make sure I have it all right before I share it with you.  There is a lot of love drawn up in these studies and I hope that you can sense it when you read.  I love people and want to see a lot of people saved in God's kingdom, as many as I can help, so bear with me and we will work on it together to that end.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment