Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Promises from the book of Psalm -Study 6

More from Psalm:

Psalm 92:12-15  "The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree, He shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.  Those who are planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God.  They shall still bear fruit in old age; They shall be fresh and flourishing, to declare that the Lord is upright; He is my rock and there is no unrighteousness in Him."

I like this promise, I think it was meant for me, but if you are old then it was meant for you too.  We shall bear fruit in old age.  That means that God can still use us in our old age.  I am blessed by that promise, how about you if you are old.  It's wonderful!!

Psalm 94:17-19  "Unless the Lord had been my help, my soul would soon had settled in silence.  If I say, 'my foot slips', Your mercy, O, Lord, will hold me up.  In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul."

Psalm 103:1-5  (This is one of my favorites)  "Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name!  Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: who forgives all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from destruction, who crowns you with loving kindness and tender mercies, who satisfies your mouth with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagles."

I just have to comment on these verses, they mean so much to me.  Can we bless His holy name or praise Him for all His benefits, who forgives all our sins, who heals all our diseases, who redeems our life from destruction and who crowns us with loving kindness and tender mercies, also satisfy our mouth with good things and renew our youth like the eagles.  Aren't these promises wonderful.  I loved them so much I memorized them.

Psalm 103:17,18  "But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting.  On those who fear Him, and His righteousness to children's children, to such as keep His covenant, and to those who remember His commandments to do them."  This is the condition for the fulfilling of His promises.

Psalm 107:8,9  "Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men!  For He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness."

Do we give thanks to the Lord for His goodness and His wonderful works to us and satisfies our longing soul with goodness.  He just answered my prayer for the meaning of some verses that were hard for me to get the meaning of.  So thankful!

Psalm 119:108  "Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord!  Blessed are those who keep His testimonies, who seek Him with the whole heart!  They also do no iniquity; they walk in His ways.  You have commanded us to keep Your precepts diligently.  Oh, that my ways were directed to keep Your statutes!  Then I would not be ashamed, when I look into all Your commandments.  I will praise You with uprightness of heart, when I learn Your righteous judgments, I will keep Your statutes, Oh, do not forsake me utterly."  This should be our prayer!

We still have some more from the Psalm.  I almost hate to see it come to an end, they are all so very good.  I hope you are being blessed by them, as I am.  Grandma Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment