Thursday, August 17, 2017

Two classes of Christians

The lessons I am going to present are probably new to most of you but all in the Scriptures and will probably cause you to wonder for a little while but stick with me, you will find all the worries about your beliefs can be over, all your stresses, whether you will be saved will be over but it is  going to take several lessons for you to comprehend it. It has taken me several weeks to get the real meaning to some phrases I've heard most of my life, but it is there so hang in with me and enjoy the freedom you will find in Christ.  I've been studying these lessons out for weeks and I will present them as I feel that I can as I feel secure in my learning.  Please bear with me, you will not be disappointed.  Some thoughts are taken from the little book, 'Faith and Works'.  I have been totally blessed by studying this and pray that you too will be blessed by my sharing some of the thoughts.  I will put them in quotes and put 'F&W after the quote.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11  Paul the apostle speaking, "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? ....And such were some of you: but you are washed, but you are sanctified, but you are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God."

When we come to Christ sincerely wanting to follow Him, that is when we are washed, sanctified, and justified in His name and by His Spirit.  Sometimes we have led what we call it, a wicked life and do not feel like we can come to Him and be forgiven but when He washes us in baptism and sanctifies us by His blood on Calvary, and justifies us in His name and by His Spirit we are forgiven.  We have been washed clean from all sin.  Come to Jesus just as you are.  We must trust Him that He does this.

"The first class of Christians perverts the doctrine of justification by faith and neglect to comply with the conditions laid down in the Word of God - "If you love Me, keep My commandments" John 14:15. The second class there is fully as great an error on the part of those who claim to believe and obey the commandments of God but who place themselves in opposition to the precious rays of light--new to them--reflected from the cross of Calvary.  The first class do not see the wondrous things in the law of God for all who are doers of His Word.  The others cavil over trivialities and neglect the weightier matters, mercy and the love of God." F&W

1John 1:12  "Your sins are forgiven for His name's sake".  We must believe Him that He does forgive us even though we know we don't deserve it, He deserves it because He died for you.

John 1:12  "As many as received Him to them gave He the power to become the sons of God."

In this lesson, I want to learn the lesson of coming to God sincerely and surrender my life to Him completely and when we do that we must believe what He says in forgiving us.  We must learn to trust Him completely.  This is so hard to do, but the verse James 4:7 says; 'Submit yourselves, then to God. Resist the devil and he will flee...' if the devil flees, then God can do for us what we cannot do for ourselves.  Then we can freely love God and trust every word that He says to us.  So this lesson is one of trusting in God and believing that we are forgiven when we repent of our past sins.  You are free to trust Him, completely free.  Stay close to Him in the attitude of prayer so you can call on Him for any and all emergencies.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment