Monday, August 14, 2017

Promises from the Book of Jeremiah Study -1

The promises from Jeremiah are just as good as the others, just worded a little different but very excellent promises.  They fill my heart with hope as do the others.  May you be blessed by these.

Jeremiah 24:7  "Then I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the Lord; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God, for they shall return to Me with their whole heart."
God is patient and He has given us a heart to know Him, that He is Lord.  We will return to Him with our whole heart when we realize that we are His people.  May we realize that very soon.

Jeremiah 30:17  "For I will restore health to you, and heal you of your wounds, says the Lord."
I am looking forward to God to restore health to me.  Right now I have broken bones in my rib cage and in my chest an back and am in a lot of pain. He has promises to heal us of our wounds, and I have been wounded.

Jeremiah 31:3  "The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying, 'Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with loving kindness I have drawn you."
God has loved us with an everlasting love and is drawing us to Himself with His loving kindness.

Jeremiah 31:16  "Refrain your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears; for your work shall be rewarded, says the Lord, and they shall come back from the land of the enemy.  There is hope in your future, says the Lord, that your children shall come back to their own borders."
Another verse promising that our children will come back to their own borders.

Jeremiah 31:33  "This is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord.  I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people."

Jeremiah 32:38-40  "They shall be My people, and I will be their God; then I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear Me forever, for the good of them and their children after them.  And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from doing them good;  But I will put My fear in their hearts so that they will not depart from Me."

PS.  Could I just add Lamentations with these, there are only two and they are very good promises?

Lamentations 3:31,32  "For the Lord will not cast off forever.  Though He causes grief, yet He will show compassion according to the multitude of His mercies."
God is compassionate according to the multitude of His mercies and He is a very merciful God.

Lamentations 3:33  "For He does not afflict willingly, not grieve the children of men."

These verses were very encouraging to me, all of them, I just need to be patient in waiting on His timing and not mine.  Patience is another virtue that could capitalize on.  God has a lot of work to do in my life and He is working with me to make me a better person and to trust Him with all my life.  I am so thankful.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment