Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Promises from the book of Isaiah - Study 2

Just in case you are getting tired of the promises I have been sharing, I want to tell you why.  This is what I found in the little book, 'Faith and works', it points out the reason why God's promises are so important.  "As the sinner ventures upon the promises, taking God at His word, relief and peace come to his soul."  Do you want relief and peace in your life and in your soul?  Then take God at His word through His promises.  We have discussed the condition to being a recipient of His promises which is obedience to His word.  So as you are reading these promises, please take them to heart and claim then as yours and you will find relief and peace in your life and soul.

Isaiah 35:10  "And the ransomed of the Lord shall return to Zion with singing, with everlasting joy on their heads.  They shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away."  This is a wonderful promise for me, I love to be happy and will be glad when sorrow and sighing shall flee away.  Normally I am a happy Christian but I have had my sorrows too.

Isaiah 40:11  "He will feed His flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs with His arm, and carry them in His bosom, and gently lead those who are with young." I believe His sheep are His people, this describes what a loving shepherd is like, whether it is sheep or people, it's a wonderful picture of Jesus as the gentle Shepherd.

Isaiah 40:29-31  "He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength.  Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall but those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength;  They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."  This is worth remembering when we are weak and need strength.  I am going to claim this promise every day because I am so weak at times, I don't accomplish much and I have always been on fire all my life on the run.  This verse means a lot to me.

Isaiah 41:9,10  "You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called from its farthest regions, and said to you, you are My servant, I have chosen you and have not cast you away.  Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you, Yes I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."  Another great promise of what He will do for us, who are weak and need strengthening.

Isaiah 49:15,16  "Can a woman forget her nursing child, and not have compassion on the son of her womb?  Surely they may forget, yet I will not forget you.  See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; Your walls are continually before me."

Isaiah 49:25  "Thus says the Lord; 'even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away; and the prey of the terrible be delivered; for I will contend with him that contends with you, and I will save your children."  This is the promise that I have claimed for my children for years and God is answering one at a time.  I love Him so much and thank Him for all He is doing to save them.

Isaiah 54:13  "All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children."  I have seen this happen and am so happy for this promise too.

Isaiah 55:7  last part.  "Let him return to the Lord, and He will have mercy on him; and to our God and He will abundantly pardon."

Are you thankful for an abundantly pardoning Savior, I am, I don't know what I would do without Him.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment