Sunday, August 6, 2017

Promises from the book of Proverbs - Study - 4

More promises from Proverbs:  Remember the word 'fear' usually means 'reverence'.

Proverbs 13:3  "He who guards his mouth preserves his life."
Isn't it true that if we don't guard our tongue, we can get in a lot of trouble, most usually more than we bargain for.

Proverbs 13:4  "The soul of the diligent shall be made rich."
I believe this is talking about Spiritual riches, and if we are diligent we will be made Spiritually rich.

Proverbs 13:6  "Righteousness guards him whose way is blameless."
Righteousness is our body guard if we are walking in God's way.

Proverbs 13:11  "He who gathers by labor will increase."
It's true isn't it that a lazy person is always poor.

Proverbs 13:12  "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when the desire comes, it is a tree of life."
Have you ever looked  forward to something exciting and it was put off indefinitely and then when the event happened it was so exciting, it was like a tree of life.

Proverbs 13:13  "He who fears the commandment will be rewarded."
If we reverence God's commandments, we will be rewarded with eternal life.

Proverbs 13:14  "The law of the wise is a fountain of life."

Proverbs 13:16  "Every prudent man acts with knowledge."

Proverbs 13:17  "A faithful ambassador brings health."

Proverbs 13:18  "He who regards a rebuke will be honored."

Proverbs 13:20  "He who walks with wise men will be wise."

Proverbs 13:21  "To the righteous, good shall be repaid."

The last six are easy to understand.  The only reason I try to elaborate on some of them is because my readers are so diverse from all over the world and I just do it to help understand the meanings of some of the verses.  It even helps me at times when I try to explain them.  I am not above needing help.  Not at all.  I just want my blogs to be easily understood.  I pray that they are.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment