Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Promises from the book of Psalm -Study - 7

We are continuing in the Psalm, the instruction is super good and I hope I don't leave anything out that would help in our walk with Christ. Here goes:

Psalm 37:28  "For the Lord loves justice, and does not forsake His saints; they are preserved forever."

Psalm 37:29  "The righteous shall inherit the land and dwell in it forever."

Psalm 37:31  "The law of his God is in his heart, and non of his steps shall slide."

Psalm 40:1-4  "I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry.  He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps.  He has put a new song in my mouth.  Praise to our God; many will see it and fear, and will trust in the Lord.  Blessed is that man who makes the Lord his trust, and does not respect the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies."

Have you waited patiently for the Lord and He heard your cry?  I have waited for a long time for something in my mind to be settled and today it happened.  I understand why some subjects are fuzzy in our mind and why Satan can harass us over and over, telling us we are lost and there is no hope for us.  It is because we need to spend a thoughtful hour a day on the last hours of Christ's life and also we need to repent daily of our lazy attitude and our unloving spirit towards God who has done so very much for us.  Do we really love Him or are we just doing our legal duty to offer a quick prayer and read a few verses and then go out and do whatever we have been doing on a daily basis with no further thought about our lives and if we are living up to what we have learned.  To tell you the truth, that's why there is no power in our lives.  If we were living up to what we are learning, we would have power to confront the Devil and He would leave.  If The disciples spent three and a half years with Christ personally and still, one denied Him in the court yard and they all abandoned Him in the garden for fear of their lives.  Yet He still loved them and knew what they had all done.  Have we abandoned Him too, for our cell phones, our TV's or games or friends that are more important to us than Christ is?  Can we let Him lift us up out of the pits that we are in and allow Him to put our feet on the solid rock which is Christ.  I was using my illness as an excuse to do mostly nothing.  I've been in a pit for quite a while and part of it has been my health with no strength but I just couldn't put the reason together until today.  I need to repent of my unloving spirit and lazy attitude toward Christ who has wanted to bring me out of the pit I was in and repent of my waywardness by telling Him how sorry I've been for my lazy attitude and my thoughtlessness by treating Him so unkindly and not loving Him as I should for His sacrifice for me.  I have always studied and there have been many times when God has answered my prayers immediately and other times when He has waited until I was ready for His answer like today.  That took a while and I am glad He brought someone into my friendship to help me.  I just couldn't seem to catch on to what He wanted me to learn. I have always had something to praise Him about but this was so unusual, I am amazed when I see that  He really does care about me individually and wants me in heaven with Him, otherwise why would He make sure that this  person would ask me to be a friend on FB.  No reason other than they were impressed by God to come to my rescue.  I am really praising Him for the way He brought that into my life just the way He did and the timing was perfect, as His timing always is.  Wait patiently for God to help you out of Your pit, be sincere about repenting of your sins and don't be afraid to name them.  He knows them anyway and you will have peace of mind and heart and we will hear Him call our name when He comes to get us.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment