Monday, July 31, 2017

Promises from the book of Psalm - 5

Continuing with:

Psalm 41:1-3  "Blessed is he who considers the poor; the Lord will deliver him in the time of trouble.  The Lord will preserve him and keep him alive, and he will be blessed on the earth.  You will not not deliver him to the will of his enemies.  The Lord will strengthen him on his bed of illness; You will sustain him on his sick bed."

Our great enemy is Satan and He has promised He will not deliver us to the will of our enemies and that includes Satan.  This also encourages me because Satan has been harassing me with discourage-ments telling me there is no hope for me, anything to make me feel bad.  I am so glad to know that God gives me so much hope.  Also, Satan has caused my health to deteriorate, I was feeling so good after my heart valve replacement and then was hit with a very stressful week and it raised my blood pressure but today its much better.  On my bed of illness, He will sustain me.

Psalm 46:1-3  "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.  Therefore we will not fear, even though the earth be remove and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; though its waters rear and be troubled, though the mountains shake with it's swelling."

Psalm 46:10,11  "Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!  The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge."

Psalm 50:15  "Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you and you shall glorify Me."

Psalm 55:22  "Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved."

Psalm 60:12  "Through God we will do valiantly, for it is He who shall tread down our enemies."

Psalm 66:18  "If I regard iniquity in my heart, The Lord will not hear; But certainly God has heard me; Blessed be God, who has not turned away my prayer, nor His mercy from me."

Psalm 73:23-26  "Nevertheless I am continually with You:  You hold me by my right hand.  You will guide me with Your counsel, and afterwards receive me to glory.  Whom have I in heaven but You?  And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.  My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

There are lots of promises of deliverance in this Book, so what do we have to fear?  The only thing I 
see to fear is if I regard iniquity in my heart and I pray that I don't do that.  I am falling out of  love with sin and I am so grateful for that.  How about you?  Are you encouraged?  Grandma Joan

PS If you have time, read the whole chapter 91 of Psalm.  It is all about deliverance.  Very good.  Consider Satan as something to be delivered from.

No comments:

Post a Comment