Thursday, March 16, 2017

A Recipient of Divine Favor

Divine Favor, how many of us want to be a recipient of Christ's favor?  Do you have a longing in your heart to be a partaker of His divine favor?  Have you ever saw someone that you just knew would make the best friend if you could just get to know them.  One time, years ago, we got a new pastor and when I saw his wife I just knew we were meant to be friends, first time ever that that thought ever came to my mind, but it did and I don't remember the pathway to that friendship but I do know that it didn't take long to become best of friends.  We did a lot of things together, picnics, trips with our families together, lots of dinners together, just a lot of time spent together, she taught me how to sew, and I sewed my clothes, my grand children's clothes, my daughters wedding gown and formals for academy.  I don't remember ever doing much for her but I was a recipient of her love for me and we are still friends.  How much better to be a recipient of Christ love and favor, I want to be a recipient of His favor, don't you?  How can we have it?  Read on.

It Renders Life Secure

Proverbs 16:7  "When a man's ways please the Lord, he makes even his enemies to be at peace with him."

Christ Had His Father's Divine Favor

Matthew 3:17  "And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased."

John 8:29  "And He that sent Me is with Me: the Father hath not left Me alone; for I do always those things that please Him."

The Aim of the True Minister

1 Thessalonians 2:4  "But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which tries out hearts."

The Christian's Duty

1 Thessalonians 4:1  "Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more.

Enoch, an Example of Divine Favor

Hebrews 11:5  "By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God and translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God."

Benevolence a means of Divine Favor

Hebrews 13:6  "But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased."

From these verses it sounds like that we must please the Lord to receive His divine favor.  Did I say we had to become perfect to please the Lord?  No, I didn't say that, but we do need to strive in that direction.  God wants us to please Him in all that we do.  And we can if we keep our eyes upon Him and off of ourselves.  We are such selfish recipients of His grace, we forget what He has done for us and how much He loves us and craves to have our companionship.  When He died on the cross He paid the penalty for our sins so He could present Himself to the Father in our behalf and the Father would see His perfect life in place of our sinful life.  What an astounding trade He has made and then on top of all that He grants us His divine favor to help us on our journey through life.  What a Savior!
Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment