Friday, March 3, 2017

By Beholding We Become Changed

Is what we look at on TV, computer, phones, newspaper etc. important?  Should we monitor our vision, so that we can keep our hearts and minds pure.  I read an article recently that a doctor wrote on watching movies etc and what we observe we take into our brain and live it out in our minds and if that is true which I believe it is then we have a lot of sin to confess and forsake in our lives.  The Bible has some important information regarding this very thing.

Psalm 119:37  "Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken Thou me in Thy way."

Isaiah 33:15,16  "He that walks righteously, and speaks uprightly; he that despises the gain of oppressions, that shakes his hands from holding of bribes, that stops his ears from hearing of blood,and shuts his eyes from seeing evil;  He shall dwell on high; his place of defense shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him and his water shall be sure."

Matthew 5:29  "And if they right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee, for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell."

Psalm 101:3 - 5  "I will set nothing wicked before my eyes:  I hate the work of those who fall away; it shall not cling to me.  A perverse heart shall depart from me; I will not know wickedness.  Whoever secretly slanders his neighbor, him will I destroy;"

Can you really, truly take these verses to heart and then watch television garbage?  I can't, I would be condemning myself to death.  I have never really like TV anyway because I have seen what it can do to families and individuals that sit before it and watch what ever comes into view.  It is devastating what it does to people and if we are Christians why would we spend our time destroying our brain and ruining our opportunity to spend eternity with God.  It is hard to comprehend, to say the least.  I know that I have been guilty but have never been addicted to it as some are.  I have other addictions, such as food, my greatest one.  I love to eat, but even that is sin if we are gluttons, and destroy our bodies with the wrong food and drinks.  I don't want to dwell on that one right now, later for that. I know that the technology today is destroying people, families and is wreaking havoc with our children.  The games children and teens play continually, and if you are out and about, almost everyone has their eyes on their phone and you have to be careful that they don't run into you.  It's a different world today than the one I was brought up in.  Of course we know that these new technologies are great in many ways but also can be used of Satan to destroy our minds and hearts so that we have no desire to study God's word or talk to Him in prayer.  I'm guilty too.  I love facebook, it is a social outlet for me because I don't get out very much, so I have to watch my time that I spend on it and I don't always do that I'm ashamed to say. I do try to curb it and I do take time to study and this blog helps me a whole lot.  I love to study and learn.  Do you?   It is a habit worth forming. I haven't always loved to study, but I do now. So give it a try and stay away from the time consuming nothings. Another good habit to form.  If you have children, teach them to love God's word.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment