Saturday, March 25, 2017

Encouragement to Those in the Midst of Temptation - 1

Are you discouraged because Satan won't leave you alone and is always hounding you to do something that you know is wrong?  I have been there and I am still being tempted to spend time on keeping up on the news, which is horrible these days and I could be spending time with Jesus in His word. Time is all we have in this world and it is important that we use it wisely.  What is your temptation?  I have had many temptations in life and because I am up in years and pray for God to send His Holy Spirit to help me, He has delivered me and protected me from Satan's temptations that I could never overcome on my own.  It is impossible for us to fight evil powers on our own. We don't have the power to resist or the strength.  Because of this, I want to study some texts of encouragement for us as we battle this spiritual evil power.  I need this and I'm sure others do too.

1 Corinthians 10:13  "There hath no temptation taken you but such  as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able, but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." ( I think of this verse ever so often, because Satan is so subtle that he will stoop to any length to get us in a trap of his and we need this encouragement and power to escape and we can escape if we are willing to let God control the situation. He will make a way of escape.)

Hebrews 2:18  "For in that He Himself hath suffered being tempted, He is able to succour them that are tempted."  (Succour means, someone who gives help, relief, aid)

James 1:2,3  "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into divers temptations.  Knowing this, that the trying of your faith works patience." ( Divers meaning, diverse, different)

James 1:12  " Blessed is the man that endures temptation; for when he is tried he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord has promised to than that love Him,"

2 Peter 2:9  "The Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptation, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished."

Revelation 3:10  "Because thou has kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth."

Life is so short and the reward that is waiting for those that resist temptation through the power of God is so great, eternal life with God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit and all the host of Angels that have been with us and guarded us through our life.  Temptation doesn't amount to much here compared to eternity with our Savior and Friend.  "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.  Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you."  This is the solution, to resist the devil and he will flee.  Draw nigh to God, and He will draw night to you.  If you can only think of these three words that Peter used when he was sinking in the waves, 'Jesus save me', at the name of Jesus Satan will flee, I know, I've had to do that and it works wonders.  Jesus is always there.  Never doubt His presence.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment