Friday, March 24, 2017

Abiding In Him

I would like to focus in on John 15 today.  This is one chapter that I love to ponder over and over again.  I would like to ponder it with you this time.  It has such a wonderful message and such an important one too.

First of all, Jesus refers to Himself as the Vine and we are the branches, and every branch that doesn't bear fruit He removes it and those that bear fruit He prunes it so it will bear more fruit.  Pruning is sending trials to perfect our character so that we can bear much more fruit to His glory.

In verse 3, Jesus says that we are clean through His word that He has spoken to us, by studying His word, our characters change to be like Him and we are clean and in verse 4, He tells us, 'Abide in Me and, I in you.  As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the Vine, no more can you except you abide in Me.'  We are not able to bring forth any fruit without Him.

Verse 5 tells us that He is the vine and we are the branches.  If we abide in Him and He in us, we will bring forth much fruit, for without Him we can do nothing.  And in verse 6, it tells us if the branch doesn't bring forth fruit and is withering up, it is cut off and thrown into the fire and burned.

Verse 7  "If you abide in me, an my words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done unto you.  Verse 8 says, 'this is how my Father is glorified that we bring forth much fruit; and you will be one of His disciples.'

Verse 9 "As the Father hath loved Me, so have I loved you: continue ye, in My love.  Verse 10, If ye keep my commandments; you shall abide in My love; even as I have kept My Father's commandments, and abide in His love."

Do you want joy in your life?  Here is how you may have the fullness of joy!

Verse 11 "These things have I spoken unto you that My joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full."

Do you have joy in your heart?  You can, all it takes is trust in Christ that He will take care of you and you will also have an abundance of peace.

Maybe I have increased your desire to continue reading the rest of the chapter, but hopefully you know the importance of 'abiding in Christ'.  Without Him we can do nothing and with Him we can do all things.  Philippians 4:13.  It is so encouraging to read this chapter, especially the first eleven verses.  The rest is important too, but in my heart, I feel the need of a closer walk with Jesus and this always encourages me in that direction and I thought it might do the same for you.  May God bless you from the reading of His word today.  If God were first in our lives, we would be the happiest people in the world. I want to be the happiest that I can be, don't you?  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment