Monday, March 6, 2017

Will You Let Him Touch You?

Can you imagine what it would be like to have Jesus reach out and touch you?  Just to feel His touch would so fill me, I would be so thrilled, and I have been touched by His healing hand and it was thrilling to say the least.  I must share it with you. We had remodeled our garage into a family room and my husband had built a beautiful hearth to put our new wood stove to heat the house and he needed help getting the stove up on the hearth and I was the only one to help I guess, anyway I was the one.  As I lifted I felt a sharp pain in my back and we just thought I threw my back out and he tried to adjust it and it became a huge red swollen spot on my back.  Not only that it paralyzed my legs and I couldn't walk.  He put me on the couch and I laid there for eleven days, I will never forget it.  I was still young enough to enjoy life and was paralyzed.  On the eleventh day I was talking to God about it and decided if this was my future, I would be content with it and I opened my Bible to the Psalms 6 and was reading how David felt and I told the Lord that I was willing to live like this if that was His will.  All of a sudden I felt no pain and I sat up without help, I stood up without help and fell back on the couch in shock.  I had a red swollen spot about 3 inches across on my spine and had been in traction to take the pain away and just about that time my husband walked in and I said look at my back at the injury and it was gone, I was so happy I had to tell the whole church about it.  I still thank God for His great mercy and love for me.  Been walking ever since.  I never felt His touch but I felt the results of it.  God is so good to me.  That is the physical touch and I want to share some physical touch verses with you today that some of you may need just now.  I was in my fifties when that happened and now I am nearly 86.  Praise God for His healing touch.

The Cleansing Touch

Matthew 8:3  "And Jesus put forth His hand, and touched Him saying, I will be thou clean and immediately his leprosy was cleansed."

The Quieting Touch

Matthew 8:15  "And he touched her hand, and the fever left her: and she arose, and ministered unto them."

The Illuminating Touch

Matthew 9:29,30  "Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you.  And their eyes were opened, and Jesus straitly charged them, saying, See that no man know it."

The Reassuring Touch

Matthew 17:7  "And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid."

The Liberating Touch

Matthew 7:33 & 35  "And he took him aside from the multitude, and put His fingers into his ears, and He spit, and touched his tongue, and straightway his ears were opened, and the string of his tongue was loosed, and he spake plain."

The Touch upon Childhood

Mark 10:13 & 16  "And they brought young children to him, that He should touch them; and His disciples rebuked those that brought them.  And He took them up in His arms, put his hands upon them and blessed them."

The Healing Touch

Luke 22:51  "And Jesus answered and said Suffer ye thus far.  And He touched his ear and healed him."

I have given you quite a few verses of Jesus touching others and healing them.  Will you let Him touch you and bring healing to you either physically, mentally, emotionally and most of all Spiritually.  He is willing but we must be willing to let Him.  It takes faith but faith is just resting in His arms and letting Him have your life, your worries and your future. I have found that resting in His love is the very best place to be.  The doctors have told me that my heart is in critical condition and I have no worries, His will, will be done for me, I know.  I am resting in His arms.  Will You? Grandma Joan






No comments:

Post a Comment