Friday, March 10, 2017

Don't Be Afraid

Fear is another tool of the devil, and God doesn't want us to live in fear.  Are you afraid?  In this world there are many, many things to fear.  One of the big ones might be death, or slavery of some kind, it might be rape, kidnapping.  In my life time I have experienced a few things that would cause fear but there are so many 'fear nots' in the Bible, I think we should look them up and see what God has to say about Fear.  Please be encouraged!!

Blessings in the Journey of Life

Genesis 26:24  "And the Lord appeared unto him the same night; and said, I am the God of Abraham thy father; fear not, for I am with thee, and will bless thee, and multiply thy seed for my servant Abraham's sake."

Supplies in Famine

1 Kings 17:13  "And Elijah said unto her, Fear not, go and do as thou hast said: but make me thereof a little cake first, and bring it unto me and after make for thee and for thy son."

Protection in Danger

2 Kings 6:16  "And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them."

Strength in Weakness

Isaiah 41:10  "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God:  I will strengthen thee; yes, I will help thee, yes, I will uphold the with the right hand of my righteousness."

Companionship in Trials

Isaiah 43:1-3  "But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name, thou are mine.  When thou pass through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walk through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Savior: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee."

Overshadowing Care

Matthew 10:30,31  "But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.  Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows."

Life Beyond the Grave

Revelation 1:17,18  "And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead.  And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:  I am He that lives, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive forever more, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

Are you afraid now?  We shouldn't be, should we?  There are so many 'fear nots' we really don't have any reason to be afraid if we are in the hands of God.  Death is just a sleep until Jesus comes and the other fears that we have are sometimes brought upon us by our own actions, even death can be.  We don't want to be presumptuous and cause our own fears by the way we eat, things we wear, or what we do. Let's trust in God to take care of us always.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment