Monday, March 20, 2017

Friendship Among Believers

The last post, I told my experience of making friends and today I want to impress upon your hearts that you can even make an enemy be at peace with you and how God looks upon our friendships.

When We Please the Lord

Proverbs 16:7  "When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him."  An example of this:  I was insulted, (which I shouldn't have been) by a lady at church one week and the distance between us was pretty cold.  Then I was impressed to make her a scarf and so I did.  When I gave it to her, it happened to be her birthday, can you believe that?  Anyway she got up out of her seat and came around to where I was sitting and thanked me and I found out what her favorite color was and made her another one.  We are good friends now.  It pays to obey God when He nudges us to do something.  I don't like to have coldness between me and someone else, it doesn't feel good.

How to Choose Friendships

Psalm 119:63  " I am a companion of all them that fear Thee, and of them that keep Thy precepts."
I'm sure most of you know that wrong friendships can pull you down, so choose wisely.

Malachi 3:16  "Then they that feared the Lord spoke often one to another:  and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Him for them that feared the Lord, and thought upon His name."( Fear here means Reverence)

Steadfast Friendship

Acts 2:42  "And they continued steadfastly in the apostles doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers."  This reminds me of a friend that had an operation and I told her I was praying for her and she never forgot that and told my daughter that I was praying for her and how she was healing.  It never dawned on me that my prayers meant so much to someone.

Thankfulness for Friendships

Philippians 1:3 & 5  "I thank my God upon every remembrance of you.  For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now."  I am so thankful for my Christian friends and try to pray for them every day and others too, of course.

How to Have Christian Friends

 John 1:7  "But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin."  It's good to walk in God's way and then our friends will be God's children, but don't forget to love all God's children, even the unloveable.  It's possible to love those that hate you.  I have done it and it is a wonderful thing to be friends with an enemy.  Try it, you can have friends in abundance.  Grandma Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment